The DCMS Bat Signal: 5/13/19
Super me, super you, everyday heroes make dreams come true.
Good Morning Team DCMS Superheroes!
I hope you felt appreciated last week and every day for that matter. Each of you plays a vital role within the whole faculty and staff team. Truly, there is no role that isn't important to the rest of us.
Keep up the good work of providing a lot of structure and challenge for our students. These last 9 days are not for the weak or faint of heart. Stay strong; don't give in the zillion requests to leave your classroom. Keep your eye on everyone. Do not let down. Monitor, supervise, check the restrooms during passing times, be in the halls, and essentially clone yourselves. :)
We've got this!
Senior Walk 2019
The Senior Walk, which was originally scheduled for May 14th, has been moved to May 22nd.
The seniors will arrive at approx. 9:45 and we will get you all out into the halls, and then queue the music. If we have any inside recess days between now and then, feel free to ask the kids to make signs for the graduating class of 2019.
Please talk with your students about the purpose of the Senior Walk. It truly is a celebration and an event to look forward to for our students as they matriculate through school. It is a way for seniors to remember their past, see teachers they've previously had, and to celebrate the ending of their time as a Danville Warrior. Remind students that they are to show respect for the graduating students - clapping, cheering, or simply standing as they walk by is appropriate.
Once the seniors have completed their walk, they will exit through the cafeteria door #11.
8:50 – Seniors released to get caps and gowns
8:55 – All seniors report to Commons dressed and ready to depart
9:00 – Depart for North Elementary
9:05-9:20 – Walk through North (Enter Door 11 and exit main doors)
9:20-9:25 – Travel to South Elementary
9:25-9:40 – Walk through South (enter door 3 and exit door 3)
9:40-9:45 – Travel to DCMS
9:45-10:00 – Walk through DCMS (Enter door 1 and exit door 11)
10:05 – Return to DCHS and report to class
9 Days Left with Students
- School Board Mtg - Monday, 5/13 @ 6:30 PM in South Elementary cafe
- 6th & 7th Grade Choir Concert - Tuesday, 5/14 @ 7 PM in the MS gym
- 4th Graders Visit DCMS - Thursday, 5/16
- 4th to 5th Parent Transition Meeting - Monday, 5/20
- MS Band Concert - Tuesday, 5/21, at 7 PM in the MS gym
- Senior Walk @ DCMS - Tuesday, 5/22 @ ~10:55 AM; all classes to line the hallways
- Last Student Day - Friday, 5/24
- Last Teacher Day - Tuesday, 5/28
- Faculty Mtg - Wednesday, 5/15 - PLC @ 7:25 AM in the Bat Cave
- 7/8 Teachers - Awards Voting - Wednesday, 5/15, @ 7:45 AM in the choir room
Stop the Bleed Training for MS Staff - May 28 from 11 - 12
House Bill 1063 mandates that school staff are trained to Stop the Bleed. Below is the training schedule for district employees.
Friday, May 10th- High School Certified Staff 7:25-8:25
Stop The Bleed Training: (Sessions to be held in the Middle School Gym)
Tuesday, May 28th-
- 9-10:00 CNC, Technology, Preschool, North Teachers, & South Teachers
- 10-11:00 Food Service, Housekeeping (Except Middle School), & Transportation
- 11-12:00 Middle School Housekeepers, Middle School Teachers & Maintenance
Finals Schedule for S2
The grades 7 & 8 finals schedule is as follows:
- Friday, 5/17 - White Related Arts
- Monday, 5/20 - Red Related Arts
- Tuesday, 5/21 - Math
- Wednesday, 5/22 - ELA
- Thursday, 5/23 - SCI
- Friday, 5/24 - SS
No final exams are to be given early.
Yearbook Signing time for students will be on Thursday, 5/23, starting at ~2:30 PM.
Yearbooks will be delivered to GOAL or last period (for 5th) prior to yearbook signing. Do not distribute to students until 2:30 PM the day of signing. If it rains, we will do 5th and 6th in their respective hallways; 7 and 8 in the café.
Last Day Schedule for 7/8
Thank you to Amanda Birkey who helped to me revise and correct the schedule below.
All teachers are expected to attend. If you do not have an assigned class at that time that you are taking to the gym, sit with one of the related arts teachers who has your students to assist him or her in supervision. It is likely that one or all of them will be getting up to present an award. Please spread yourselves around. Department Heads/Presenters, please be poised and ready to give your awards prior to the previous presenter finishing. The goal is to complete our program in an hour or less. When you finish presenting your award please introduce the next presenter. For example, Mrs. Hayse will say, "and now Mrs. Smith will present the Math Department awards." Mrs. Smith will say, "and now Mr. Gleason will present the Science Department awards." and so on.
About Us: Mission & Collective Commitments
We are a collaborative group of educators committed to ensuring high student achievement.
We commit to…
- Focusing on student proficiency of Indiana College & Career Readiness standards, not just coverage of material.
- Working collaboratively to benefit all students with a focus on results.
- Join forces to learn by doing on a daily basis.
- Using frequent common assessments that inform and drive our instruction.
- Providing intervention and enrichment based upon the formative data.
- Furthering a culture that uses value-added language, encourages one another, and celebrates successes.