SACBS Bulldogs Beat
November 14, 2021
Grandparents' Day Information
Happy Sunday St. Anthony Cathedral Basilica School Families. Here is some important information about our upcoming Grandparents' Day, which will be Friday, November 19th.
This is one of our favorite times of the year where we look forward to sharing the day with our grandparents. This year, even though some of the COVID guidelines have been changed, things remain a little different and we are still a closed campus to everyone except students, faculty and staff. However, we would still like to celebrate and make it special as we honor our amazing grandparents.
We are blessed to have Mass with our grandparents on Friday, November 19th at 8:10 in the Cathedral Basilica. Grandparents are welcomed to join us in St. Anthony Cathedral Basilica to celebrate Mass with your grandchild/children. Classes will sit in their assigned areas. Grandparents and guests may sit in the open areas right behind the classes. Your grandchild/children may sit with you for the Mass. For those who can't attend in person, you will receive the link to join us virtually.
- Grandparents/Loved Ones will be able to stop by our School Book Fair in the cafeteria. There will be a limit on how many families will be allowed in the book fair at one time. Please be patient, as there may be a little wait time. If you prefer, you can always support the book fair online. The link is listed below.
- Grandparents/Loved Ones will be able to stop by in carline and pick up their special "sweet bread" package to have fellowship with their grandchildren and share stories of the good old days with them.
- Families had the opportunity to purchase a "sweet bread" package for students to share with their grandparents. A few extras will be available on a first come, first serve basis.
- A more detailed list will be sent out on Wednesday.
We would like to get footage of our grandparents so that we can “Showcase our Awesome Bulldog Grandparents” on Grandparents’ Day, Friday, Nov. 19th. In order to do this, we will need your help.
This is how you can help:
- Email 1 or 2 pictures of your child’s grandparents.
- Get footage (30 seconds - 1 minute) of grandparents showcasing their talents, for example: dancing, playing an instrument, singing, telling jokes, saying what their favorite subject was when they were in school, etc.
- If you are able to get grandparent and grandchild doing this together, would be even more special.
- If you are able to participate, please send all of this in by Wednesday, Nov. 17th. You may click this link to upload the information or email these items to our secretary Ashly Felan. Her email address is email@example.com .
Grandparents' Day is a full day of school, so if your student will be remaining with us after the Grandparents' Day Mass, please make sure to send or order a lunch for them. Grandparents/Parents are allowed to sign your students out when you are ready to begin your Thanksgiving holiday. We will not have After Care on this day so that your family may enjoy the start to your Thanksgiving Holiday.
We look forward to a Happy Grandparents Day!
Paws for Prayer with Alfonzo and Max
Veteran's Day Program 11/11/21
We are so proud to acknowledge and thank our veterans who serve and protect our country. It was an honor to welcome our SACBS veterans to our program. Although the weather didn't cooperate with us, we didn't let it stop us from saying "Thank You" to these amazing men and women. We know that we have many more who were uable to be with us, but we remembered you in our prayers. Here is the SACBS Veteran's Day Program link for anyone who may have missed this beautiful program.
Pictured here is Julien Solomon (6th grade) holding a poster for his Grandfather who served in the United States Army. Thank you for your service Mr. Richard!
Mrs. Dee Farnie, Administrative Assistant at Saint Anthony Cathedral Basilica
Ms. Dee stated "We all dress in Army uniform so we all look the same uniformly. It was an honor to serve in our military and to be blessed enough to continue to serve our fallen men and women of all branches of the armed forces."
Granny's Delicious Thanksgiving Pies & Cakes!
Learning the Letter 'T' with Pre-K 3!
2nd Grade Busy Bees!
4th Grade Loves to Read
5th Grade Future CEO's at Work
Economics and financial literacy can be hard concepts to master. However, 5th grade has accepted the challenge! They began constructing their economics folders this week, which simplifies difficult concepts into fun activities, book analysis, and worksheets! Here they are separating goods and services and differentiating various resources.
Spanish Vocabulary games with 8th Grade
Help St. Anthony Cathedral Basilica's Youth Group and Purchase Some Delicious Tamales
Fill out this form if you would like somone in your family to receive the weekly updates and general school information.