Jr. Scout's Tot Spot Times
The Tot Spot Early Education Academy
Ms. Alisha's Email: email@example.com
Ms. Katie's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Le Andra's Email: email@example.com
Ms. Kelsey's Email: Kelsey@ilovethetotspot.com
Teacher's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Instagram: thetotspotschool
We also now have a Youtube Channel: The Tot Spot Early Learning Academy and Pinterest: The Tot Spot Early Education Academy...be sure and follow us!!
Special Events and Birthdays!!
PTO and Vacations
Who do you contact concerning vacation credit? Please email Mr. Mike at email@example.com
In the Classroom!
We're reached capacity so we're splitting our classroom again. If you're an older kiddo you will recall this from when your little one was just entering the one's room. As of now the classroom will be splitting after breakfast typically on Tuesday and Thursday.
- Remind Me App: It's a free app that we're using to for simple reminders like show and share, friend of the week, physical due dates, etc. Our class code is 26kh9g
Fav books for the month: "
Table Time: We will be working on math, counting 1-10 (English/Spanish) and classifying.
Sensory, Art, Science:
We will be exploring the sensory bin over the different weeks to come. Allowing it to match our Zoophonic friend of the week. For Art we will create art with different types of textures with paint, markers, and crayons. Finally, for science I would like to add more experiences with cause and effect.
Did you know we have snack math every day? We spend this time working on counting, color recognition, shapes, and vocab. We also have math when we are singing our songs like "5 Little Monkeys, Ducks, or Zoophonics Animal" of the week.
This month we are trying to "pretend" eating and working together in the kitchen. While also trying on trying on our dramatic play outfits.
We're continuing to practice and learn how to use our manners, say please, thank you, and sorry. We are also working on using words to express to our feelings. We are also working on self-help skills like washing our hands, tidying up, and putting on our clothes by our self.
Gross Motor/Music & Movement: We're going to spend the month outside! We are going to be balancing on one foot and jumping up and down with both feet of the ground, and kicking balls. For music and movement we are going to be having dance parties along with expressive dance.
Scholastic is BACK! Thank you, to all that have been participating! <3 Our code is HQ686
The Book Nook
The Parent's Spotlight
· Thank you for turning in your physicals on time. It's very much appreciated!
Remember there is a suggestion box in the lobby, and we love to hear about ideas to enhance the learning environment for your children.
Bringing in donations of items anytime we ask...you guys rock!!
Thank you, to the parents who brought in plastic bags! You ROCK!
Thank you for your patience with our room/kiddo/teacher changes that came with the new school year. It's going to be an awesome year!
Would you like to donate?
We could use:
- Shoes and socks (all sizes) for back ups for when kiddos have accidents
- Is there ever a time when you say to yourself, " I wonder if The Tot Spot would want this"? We could use it in so many ways. You may have babies, but the whole school is yours. Everything can turn into a sensory activity or learning experience. So, before you throw out your junk, ask your teacher if it could be used
The Teacher's Spotlight
What is your favorite Quote?
- Ms. Alex: I would love to have dinner with my father one more time <3.
- Ms. Kit: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest
- Ms. Kay:Live each day as it is your last day, but believe there is another to come
- Ms. Katie: All you need is love
- Ms. Maggie: Let me win but if I cannot win let me be brave in the attempt
- Ms. Kasche: What comes easy won't last long and what last's long won't come easy
- Ms. Ayasha: Make it rare and the masses will pay- Nipsey Hussle
- Ms. Kelsey: If I have faith that I can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing - 1Cor 13:2
- Ms. Caylin: A smart person learns form their mistakes.. a smarter person learns from others. This was a quote i learned from my music teacher.
- Ms. Le Andra: Live Laugh Love
- Ms. Alisha: I feel like this should be all deep. It's not. When I was visiting my new Kindergarten classroom I became upset that I didn't have a seat with my name on it/was in the wrong class ( It was simply misspelled Aliha). Ms. McDonald just said, "don't sweat the small stuff and everything is small stuff!
- Mr. Mike: No person have the right to rain on your dreams- MLK