By: Melanie Torres
What type of germ causes the disease?
AID is caused by the human immunodeficiency Virus (HIV). HIV is a virus that destroys lymphocytes that are part of the bod's immune system , which fights off infectious disease.
Signs and Symptoms
- Extreme weakness or fatigue
- Rapid weight loss
- Frequent fevers that lasts for several weeks with no explanation
- White spots on mouth or throat
How can you treat this disease?
- Combinations of antiviral drugs and drugs that boost the immune system
- See a doctor, adolescent doctor or gynecologist
But there are no cures for AIDS prevention important.
What can the disease do to someone if left untreated?
- Rare tumor of blood vessels in the skin called kaposi's sarcoma
- HIV attaches to CD4 needed to help the immune system function normally to fight off certain kinds of infection
How to prevent the disease from happening...
- Abstaining from sex (not having oral, vaginal or anal sex)
- Always use latex condoms for all types of sexual inter course
- Avoiding contact with the body fluids transmitted
- Never sharing needles