What's Happening at Sparkman HS/S9
Monday, August 10-15, 2015
Monday, August 10
- HAVE A FANTASTIC WEEK!!!
- Parking decals will be sold during lunch this week
- Spanish National Honor Society Informational Meeting- 3:30 PM Room 128(Terry)
- SHS Writers' Club Meeting- 3:30 PM Room 406(Quaife)
Tuesday, August 11
- SHS Jr. Civitan Meeting- 8 AM Room 108(Stevenson)
- Sparkman JROTC Booster Meeting- 6:30 PM SHS Cafeteria
- Post-Secondary Planning Seminar- 4 PM (See Flyer Below)
Wednesday, August 12
- SHS Environmental Club Meeting- 8 AM Room 231(Maxtion)
- SHS FTA Meeting- 8 AM Room 406 (Quaife)
- S9 Library's 'The Overdue Brew Café" will open this Wednesday morning from 7:50 – 8:15 in the concession stand. All funds will support the S9GS Library-Media Center. Cappuccino is $2. Please try to have correct change. There may be limited change for large bills. Cappuccino flavors are: French Vanilla, White Chocolate Caramel, and Hot Chocolate. After purchasing your cappuccino, you will need to go to the cafeteria.
Friday, August 14
- SHS FBLA Meeting- 8 AM Library
- Sparkman Service Organization Meeting- 8 AM Room 231(Maxtion)
Saturday, August 15
- Senator Stadium Clean-up Day- 8 AM- Noon(See Flyer Below)
- Sparkman Dance Team hosts Dance Clinic(See Flyer Below)
- August 18- Band Booster Meeting- 6PM SHS Cafeteria
- August 18- Cross Country Meeting- 5:30 PM Choral Room
- August 20- Progress Reports
- August 20- SHS OPEN HOUSE- 5:30 Gym 1(See Flyer Below)
- August 21- FBLA Meeting- 8 AM Library
- August 21- Sparkman Football Jamboree vs Albertville 7 PM Senator Stadium
- August 22- Sparkman Band Car Show- 7 AM at SHS Parking Lot
- August 22- Sparkman Football- Walk for Water at 10 AM at Senator Track
- August 22- Sparkman Cheerleader Golf Tournament(See Flyer Below)
- August 24- Sparkman JV Football @ James Clemens 7 PM
- August 25- Post-Secondary Planning Seminar- 4 PM SHS Cafeteria
- August 28- Sparkman Varsity Football @ Scottsboro 7 PM
- August 31- Sparkman JV Football vs Madison Academy 7 PM at Senator Stadium
- September 4- Sparkman Varsity Football @ Gadsden City 7 PM
- September 5- SHS PeeWee Cheer Clinic
- September 7- Labor Day- NO SCHOOL
- September 8- Post-Secondary Planning Seminar- 4 PM SHS Cafeteria
- September 10- Progress Reports
- September 11- Sparkman Varsity Football vs Bob Jones 7 PM Senator Stadium
- September 12- ACT
- September 14- Sparkman JV Football @ Bob Jones 7 PM
- September 18- FBLA Meeting- 8 AM Library
- September 18- Sparkman Varsity Football at Huntsville 7 PM
- September 19- Sparkman Arts Festival(See flyer below)
- September 21- Sparkman JV Football vs Huntsville 7 PM Senator Stadium
- September 22- National Honor Society Induction 7 PM at Mt. Zion Baptist Church
- September 25- Sparkman Football vs Russellville 7 PM HOMECOMING
- September 26- AP English Prep Session at SHS
- September 28- Sparkman JV Football vs Grissom 7 PM Senator Stadium
- September 28- Post-Secondary Planning Seminar- 4 PM SHS Cafeteria
Post-Secondary Planning Seminar
ACT and SAT Information
- The online Free/Reduced meal application for the 2015-2016 school year is now available on the Madison County Schools web page at: https://mealapps.madison.k12.al.us/lfserver/frapplication. If you feel you qualify, we encourage you to complete the application on line. If you complete an application on line, you will not need to complete a paper application when returning to school this August.
- The 2016 Senator Yearbook is on sale now. The cost is $80. You can order at My School Fees (link on SHS homepage) or in Room 127 before of after school.
- We have a little bad news for SHS students who have been using the microwaves in the cafeteria. It has been determined that the electrical wiring capacity in the cafeteria isn't sufficient to operate the cafeteria equipment and the microwaves too; so unfortunately, the microwaves have been removed. We appreciate our Sparkman PTO for providing the microwaves the past few years and regret that students will no longer be able to heat lunches at school.
- Pre-order your Sparkman Senators Fleece Blanket $2050 x 60 black fleece with Sparkman Logo in corner: $20 each pre-pay only. You may send check(SHSPTO) or cash in a sealed envelope addressed to Sparkman PTO to the SHS or S9 office. You may also pay online at My School Fees on the SHS website. Look for PTO heading, then blanket. Please include in the comments section: your name, student's name, an email and telephone number. Last day to order is August 26! Contact Sparkman PTO with questions: SparkmanHighPTO@gmail.com
- Our SHS Counselors are working diligently to get those schedule issues fixed and we appreciate the hard work and long hours they are putting in to complete the job as quickly as possible. Thanks to everyone for your patience!
Join Sparkman PTO
Host receptions and events for SHS and S9
Purchase microwave ovens for S9 students and teachers to use in cafeteria
Supply water and snacks to our Junior Class on ACT day in April
Support SHS and S9 students, clubs, and teachers financially
Christmas and Faculty/Staff Appreciation luncheons
Pre-order your Sparkman Senators Fleece Blanket $20
Last day to order is August 26!
Contact Sparkman PTO with questions: SparkmanHighPTO@gmail.com
Sparkman Car Window Stickers $2
S9 Spirit Packs
#1- ($35) T-shirt, cinch bag, lanyard with flash drive, and locker
#2- ($15) T-shirt and locker
#3- ($15) Lanyard with flash drive and locker
#4- ($12) Cinch bag and locker
Sparkman Shopping Bags
Back by popular demand....Sparkman Volleyball is selling the long-sleeve shirts with Sparkman Senators across the back, that were sold last year. Deadline for payment and order is Aug 24. Order form and information in this flyer! Please see a Volleyball player or contact Lynn Mayes firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Sparkman Senators Football- Varsity
Sparkman Senators Football- JV/Freshman
Sparkman Swim Team
The INOW parent portal is now open. For security reasons there are new credentials that must be used to log on. Here are the steps to access the site:
1. Go to this link: https://inow-madisonco.asc.edu/informationnow
2. Use these credentials when prompted:
a. User Name: mcsparent
b. Password: ilovemyschool
3. Once successfully logging in to this site, use your INOW user ID and password previously used or distributed by the school.
Survey Input Needed!
Get emailed updates from S9 and SHS by signing up to our Listserv.