Mrs. Cormack's Class Newsletter
Happenings in our room....
- I have started showing the kids this webpage so they can be aware of what is happening in the upcoming week! I will also upload some fun pics to share of what we've worked on in class!
- On Monday, they will get to celebrate earning 50 Class Stars by having fun with Creation Station! The students will be creating works of art with a variety of materials! Fun!
- Also on Monday, Reading Response Journals will be sent home. Give your awesome reader a high five!
- Our Winter Party will be on Thursday, December 20th! Please check out the sign up sheet on my website under the Room Mom Link for more details.
- No Homework will be assigned for this week or during the break
- Library will be on Tuesday, December 18th this week. Bring your books so you can check out some new ones for the break!!
Working hard on citizen research projects...
Remember Field Day?
We had a blast in October during our first inside Field Day!
Exploring in Science
Spencer discovers magnetism around the room!
What we are learning this week....
Reading: The big idea in reading will be retelling and inferring. Students will retell or act out important events in stories in logical order while making connections to their own experiences and use information from the story to inferring what is going on in the story.
Writing: The focus in writing this week will be FREE CHOICE!! Students will be given the opportunity to write in any format that they have learned up to this point; including, personal narrative, all about books, how to, and letter. We will also continue learning about Nouns, specifically pronouns.
Social Studies: The spotlight in social studies will be comparing ethnic and cultural celebrations. Students will be exposed to 5 different winter celebrations on PowerPoint then they will be adding information to a booklet on traditions. As a culminating activity students will be writing a reflective piece about their personal celebrations and traditions this season.