November 14, 2021 Volume 4
Options Secondary School
One more week until a much needed break for our wonderful students, OSS faculty and staff. This week we will continue to have tutoring and intervention Monday - Friday from 4:15PM-5:15PM. If your child is able to attend, it's a great way to get additional support in a small group environment.
Mr. Acosta continues to meet with our seniors to assist them with college applications. Deadlines are coming up, so please make sure you're encouraging your senior to complete applications for their colleges of interest, fill out their FAFSA and submit.
*Please continue to check your child's Jupiter Grades as it provides grading information and is an excellent way to stay informed and communicate with your child's teachers.
*Thank you again for assisting us in keeping our students and staff healthy and safe. As you are aware, COVID-19 guidance from the federal, state, and local level is evolving on a constant basis. Please continue to self-screen your child at home. ***PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD TO SCHOOL*** if they present COVID- 19 symptoms https://bit.ly/3Crb9RQ.
Please visit the OSS website for at http://oss.sweetwaterschools.org/ for the most up to date information.
Options Secondary School
Wolves of the week
Gustavo was nominated by Ms. Chranowski for always doing the right thing. Gustavo went out of the way to assist and take charge in Ms. Chranowski's classroom when some extra help was needed.
Daniella was nominated by Mr. Plunkett for her determination and consistency in her Expository Reading and Writing English course.
Katie Parkinson Servin
Katie was nominated by Ms. Fox for displaying leadership, follow-through and commitment in ASB this quarter.
Ernesto, Thomas and Leonardo preparing for battle
Ready to go!
Thomas, Brody and Addam strategizing.
Ernesto, Addam, and Thomas preparing for their round at Bonita Vista High School.
Upcoming Dates to Remember
- School Site Council – Wednesday, Nov 17 @ 9:00AM – Ms. Fox will email zoom link to all members.
- OSS Canned Food Drive BEGINS – November 15 – December 3. Thank you for your donations. The winning period 1 class will win a party hosted by our ASB.
- Parent Tech Support Night - Wednesday, December 1 @ 5PM- via Zoom - detail to come
- AVID Parent Night - Thursday, December 9 @6PM in person - details to come
Quarter 2 After School Tutoring Begins this week From 4:15PM - 5:15PM Monday - Friday
Tuesday - Mr. Wood
Wednesday - Ms. Chranowski
Thursday - Mr. Pelayo
Friday - Ms. Razon
What do all Wolves need to know?
- College Wednesdays! Wear your favorite College or University shirt, hat or jersey!
- Wolf Pack Friday! Wear your OSS gear or Royal Blue clothing every Friday to show your school pride.