Tribes Learning Communities
MODULE 2: LEARNING ABOUT LEARNING
Module 2 Objectives
WELCOME COMMUNITY CIRCLE
- What did this strategy do for our group?
- When was the last time you told someone about a positive experience?
- How does this strategy build inclusion?
TEACHING ATTENTIVE LISTENING
TEACHING LISTENING WHILE LINKING CONTENT
Tribes book, p. 349
- Share a favorite room in your house with enough detail, so that your partner can see it and feel it.
- Talk about a child for whom you have made (or are making) a difference....or a child that is in your heart right now.
TEACHING STATEMENTS OF APPRECIATION
I Like My Neighbor
Tribes book, page 386
TEACHING MUTUAL RESPECT
THE RIGHT TO PASS
Tribes book, pages 88-89.
RATIONALE FOR A NEW WAY OF LEARNING WITH TRIBES TLC
Write / Pair / Share
Write down a gift you would like your students to come away with at the end of the year.
READINESS FOR TRIBES AND CHOOSING TRIBES
CLOSING COMMUNITY CIRCLE
Course Assignment #1
- Read chapters 1-5 in Tribes book.
- Begin making a list of inclusion strategies to use with students.