Thinking in 3rd
Hastings & Simmons Newsletter- Volume 13
A peak at the week...
Writing- Writing Process: Personal Narratives- Leads
Grammar- Sentence Weathering
Math- Problem Solving: Multiplication & Division
Science- Forces (push & pull)
Social Studies- Building a Community Project: Building Day Monday
Homework- Due Thursday!
Handwriting- pp. 36-39 /i/ and /j/
To access Kidblog at home:
2. Click on Enter your Class Code
3. Enter Class Join Code: jgacm6g
4. Click on Log In (top right of screen)
5. Students should select his/ her name
6. Student password is first intial and last name. (*if your child's last name is only 4 letters, his her password is first initial, last name, 3. EX: Joe Hall would be jhall3 )
November 16- 20
Monday (11/16) Report Cards sent home
Thursday (11/19) Picture Retakes
November 23- 27
Monday (11/23) Spelling Bee @1:30
Wednesday- Friday (11/25- 11/27) Thanksgiving Holidays
Scholastic Book Order Due November 27th!!!
Shop Online: scholastic.com/readingclub
One-Time Class Activation Code: K3R9W
Please remember to place your Reading Club orders by November 27!
You can shop and submit your order online or send the printed order form with payment directly to me. No matter how you order, every purchase you make earns FREE Books and educational supplies for our classroom.
The arrival of the book box is always a highlight-thanks for making it happen!
Ordering online is fast and easy:
- VISIT scholastic.com/readingclub
- ENTER the one-time Class Activation Code (top of this letter)
- SHOP from a carefully curated selection of the best books and value packs
- SUBMIT your order and earn FREE Books for our classroom
- All book orders will be shipped to our classroom so we can celebrate the joy of reading together!
Frosty's Snow Bash... Saturday, December 5th
Time: 9-11 am
Where: Greens Prairie Elementary
New for 2015, join us for a day of fun for the whole family and a silent auction to raise money for our school.
Start your day off with breakfast and pictures with Santa Claus, stories with Mrs. Claus, crafts, games, shopping at our Mustang Market and trying to win your Favorite Silent auction item!
Plus we will have some surprise visitors, prizes and Sweet T Vintage Market & Southern Junk Show! You will not want to miss this morning with your families!
Frosty's Snow Bash will be a wintry event for the whole family!
- Free pancake breakfast
- Mustang Market for students to shop for the holidays
- Holiday arts & crafts to make and take
- Show Bash Games
- Holiday cartoons
- Storytime with Mrs. Claus
- Pictures with Santa
- Pictures with CSHS Cougar Mascot
- Holiday performances
- Silent Auction complete with class baskets & teacher auction
- Sweet T Vintage Market & Southern Junk Show
Class basket donations are due Monday, November 16th
Holiday Cookies & Movie with your 3rd grade teachers...
You will be able to bid on a chance to have a Holiday Party with the third grade teachers at Mrs. Brice's house. We will bake and decorate holiday cookies, drink hot cocoa, and watch a holiday movie for you and a friend. The date will be Dec 17, 2015 from 4-6.