Glass Library Staff Newsletter
- How to export notecards in Noodletools to Mr. Wood's advanced English literature students
- How to cite sources in MLA format with Noodletools to Mr. McDonald's world lit I students
- How to export a works cited to a source slide in Google Sheets to Mr. McDonald's world lit I students
- How and when to use an in-text citation for research projects to Mr. McDonald's world lit I students
- How to cite sources in MLA format with Noodletools to Mr. McDonald's advanced world lit I students
- How to paraphrase information and create notecards with Noodletools to Mr. McDonald's advanced world lit I students
- How to determine the reliability of a website to Ms. Graves's English class
Other collaborative efforts for the month of April included:
- Collecting money and/or materials for Destiny obligations
- Filming Mrs. Rivers 2nd period Biology class
- Filming Mrs. McCormick's advanced world literature I classes
- Filming the student-faculty promotional dodgeball video
- Setting up the SMART board and projection unit for calculator tips in the lecture hall
- Providing a space for pre-administration of AP tests
- Scheduled time for Mr. Bowling's College Comp students to "Drop Everything and Read" in the library
Please let us know if we can help you in any way.
Students with Destiny obligations for textbooks, library books, calculators, and/or Chromebooks may return items to the library or pay for items at the following locations and times:
Obligation Collection Times:
Morning: 7:30 a.m. -8:30 a.m.
During lunches: 11:30 a.m. -1:00 p.m.Afternoon: 2:30 p.m.- 3:00 p.m.; Wednesdays: 2:30-3:30 p.m.
Obligation Collection Locations:
Credit Cards: Bookkeeper
Please note this is for obligations only. Textbook, calculator, and Chromebook returns will begin after Memorial day.
During testing, a desk will be set-up in the hallway outside of the front doors to collect items and money during the specified times.
- May 3 - AP Spanish - 7:45-11:30
- May 5 - AP Seminar - 11:45-3:30
- May 10 - AP French - 11:45-3:30
- May 13 - AP Latin - 11:45-3:30
- May 18 - AP US Makeup - 7:45-11:30
The library may also be closed on the following dates for SOL testing:
- May 11 - World History I
- May 16 - Reading Expedited Retakes and Make-ups
- May 17 - World History I Expedited Retakes and Make-ups
- May 19 - Algebra I
- May 20 - World History II Make-ups
- May 23 - Earth Science
- May 24 - Geometry
- May 25 - Chemistry
- May 26 - Algebra 2
- May 27 - Earth Science Expedited Retakes and Make-ups
Please see Ms. Bucklew's May testing spreadsheet to see if the library is being used before sending students and remind students that if the door is closed then the library is being used for testing.