Lakeview Family Newsletter ~ Back to School Edition
Prefer to read this in a different language? Click "translate".
¿Prefieres leer esto en otro idioma? Haga clic en "traducir".
Preferoni ta lexoni këtë në një gjuhë tjetër? Klikoni "përkthe".
هل تفضل قراءة هذا بلغة مختلفة؟ انقر فوق "ترجمة".
Welcome to 2022-2023!
Open House is on Tuesday, August 30th from 5-7 p.m. See you then!
Chris Sepersky, principal
Who is my child's teacher? Find out once you have registered
• Please note that we do not take family requests for particular teachers and we will not move students when you receive your postcard. Class lists are carefully created and all of our teachers are excellent at Lakeview!
• Families should not assume that because they had a particular teacher in the past that their next child will have the same teacher. With only two sections per grade level (except for 3rd grade, which has 3 classes this year), this may have happened by chance over the years, but it is not something we plan. In 3rd grade this year, some students may have Mr. Tinsen again because he has moved from 2nd grade to 3rd grade, and in 5th grade this year, some students may have Mrs. Mortier again because she has moved from 4th grade to 5th grade.
Registrations should be completed by Thursday, August 18 or sooner
How to contact Lakeview
Principal - Chris Sepersky
Secretaries - Michelle Wikel and Jennifer Jende
You may come to Lakeview between 8:00-2:00 on a weekday for assistance (except for Friday, August 12)
You may find our emails on the Lakeview website.
School Supply List for 2022-23
Calendar for 2022-23 School Year
Open House for all SM elementary schools (4K-5th grade) is Tuesday, August 30th from 5-7 p.m. Please bring all school supplies to open house.
The first day of school for all 5K-5th grade is Thursday, September 1st.
For 4K ONLY:
Thursday, September 1 - Students with last names beginning with A through M
Friday, September 2 - Students with last names beginning with N through Z
All 4K students go to school together starting on Tuesday, September 6th.
Here is the link to the full 4K calendar for the 22-23 school year.
The school hours will remain the same as last year:
5K through 5th grade is 8:30-3:35.
All-day 4K is also 8:30-3:35, but only Monday through Thursday.
All students must be in the building by 8:30 or they are tardy.
Students will be let into the building starting at 8:25 a.m. and must be picked up immediately at 3:35 p.m. (unless they are walking home or going to Rec Department after-care).
When can students enter the building? Where do they enter?
School doors will open at 8:25 again this year and students may enter the following doors between 8:25-8:30 each school morning. All students must be in the building before 8:30 a.m.
4K - Door 6
5K (Ms. Lund) - Door 9
5K (Ms. Henneberry) - Door 10
1st Grade - Door 11
2nd and 3rd Grades - Door 5
4th and 5th Grades - Door 7
These are the same doors that students are dismissed from at 3:35 p.m. I suggest you walk over to Lakeview in the coming weeks to find the correct door before the first day of school.
Students are not allowed to wait in the lobby before school and will be directed to the playground. No matter where students enter, they will still be dismissed through the doors listed above, unless they are on a daycare bus or going to after care provided by the SM Rec Department.
Hoping to Volunteer This Year?
Air Conditioning Updates
• Do you need to register for Before/After Care through the SM Recreation Department? If so, please do that right away so your child is ready for the first day of school. Here is the link to register - it is found on our district website under "Community".• "Golden Lions" will continue at Lakeview this year - this is how we recognize students who demonstrate our "Be Safe ~ Be Respectful ~ Be Engaged" expectations. One parent/guardian will receive an automated email with a certificate and your child will be recognized in front of the class.
• Lunch menus are available on the Lakeview website under the "For Families" tab. Check for menus once we are closer to the start of the school year. If you qualify for Free or Reduced Lunch prices (or if you wonder if you qualify), please be sure to see this page for information and complete it right away. This year, lunch is not free for everyone as it was during the pandemic, so be sure to complete this application or ensure your direct certification is complete before school begins.
• School attendance is important to your family and to us - we will be sending more information about school attendance as we get closer to the start of the school year. Many elementary families do not understand that school attendance (including arriving to school on time and staying the entire day) is the law and too many absences violates that law. We are here to help you understand those rules and work together with you to ensure students are in school all day, every day unless properly excused. Watch your mail for more information. There is no option to select virtual-only schooling at this time for elementary students.
Welcome, New Staff Members!
Alayna Lund - 5K - Ms. Lund was a substitute for us last year
Christine Henneberry - 5K - comes us with a lot of experience, most recently in Muskego
Erica Bugalski - 4th grade - Mrs. Bugalski is a Lakeview grad herself!
Laurie Nicholson - 1st grade - Mrs. Nicholson is coming to Lakeview from Rawson Elementary
Easton Joyce - School Social Worker - Ms. Joyce was Mrs. Nillissen's sub last year during her maternity leave, and now she will be our full time School Social Worker!
Morgan Edge - Special Education (a newly created position which means Ms. Edge joins our existing Special Education teachers at Lakeview)
Michelle Wikel - is our new secretary (along with Mrs. Jende), coming to us with a lot of school experience. Please welcome her when you see a new face in the office!
To be in 4K next year, the child must be 4 years old on or before September 1st.
At this point, spots are limited and likely only available in the half-day 4K program at Blakewood.
Contact Lakeview if you have any questions about 4K registration for 2022-2023.