CPMS Library Media Center- Winter 2015
Cup stacking challenge height record as we go to press is 17 layers.
Visit our Warriors Make Space just below the stairs to the LMC loft area.
Krish created this upcycled Christmas tree from discarded library book pages.
CMPS Warriors Make Space Opens
- What is it? A place where students are encouraged to explore and create. At this point, we have rotating craft and STEM/STEAM activities. The plan is to add different and new activities to the space continually.
- Why have it? Students are encouraged to be makers, share ideas, encourage one another, and change the world by engaging in Warriors Make activities.
- Where to find it? Our space is currently housed in the LMC just below the stairs to the LMC loft area.
- When may students access it? Students may access the space when their English classes visit the LMC and during homeroom. Lunch and after school visits are a possibility in the future.
- How to help? Donations to the space are always welcome. Thanks to the many teachers who have donated already! Furthermore, if you have an idea for our space, please share and take part.
Neal Shusterman Author Visit
Thanks to ALL who made our Barnes and Noble Book Fair a success!
Tech Tool Tip: Block Posters.com
Sign up for CPMS Staff Jeopardy in January!
Any CPMS staff member may join in the fun and play.
All games will take place the week of January 25-29, 2016
Morning Jeopardy will take place from 7:10-7:25 AM
Afternoon Jeopardy (Double Jeopardy) will take place from 3:05-3:10
- Teams will be selected by random draw
- More details to come in January
What can Mrs. Kern do for you?
- professional library space
- research helps
- opportunities for collaborative lessons
- design of tutorials and lessons
- compilation of websites and e-books for class assignments
- if you have read this far, please send an email to Mrs. Kern with subject line Easter Egg to receive a small prize as token of her appreciation.
The mission of the Clark-Pleasant Middle School Library Media Center is to ensure that students are effective users of ideas and information by collaborating with other educators to design learning strategies that support the curriculum. Our mission is to provide access to resources in varying formats, to provide instruction in information literacy, and to encourage a love for reading and learning.
Goals for the 2015-2016 School Year
- Plan and prepare to welcome Clark-Pleasant 6th grade students and teachers to the CPMS LMC as they will join our school in the fall of 2016.
- Create a makerspace area in the CPMS LMC that will encourage participatory and student-led learning in STEAM areas.
- Establish a library advisory board for the CPMS LMC that includes students.