May 13 - 17, 2013
CB Cares Essay Award
News From the Nest
Liana's Legacy - Supporting Kids' Castle
Liana’s Legacy will be on
Friday, June 7, 2013
from 5:30 – 8:30 P.M.
**Please join us for food, games and family fun.
This year, our proceeds will be used to support Kids’ Castle and provide help for Doyle students in need.
Please help with this event….
In order to make this event a success, we are asking for volunteers to help us. If you are interested and able to help, there are many ways to get involved.
1. Volunteer to run a game or sell tickets. Click here to sign up for a specific time to help with the games or ticket sales.
2. Donate items for the event. Donations for prizes for the games or items for our raffle baskets are greatly appreciated! If you would like to donate something, please e-mail Ms. Kowalchick.
3. Create a game or activity for the event. We are also looking for creative, castle-enthusiasts who would like to create a game or activity for the event. If you would like to design a castle-themed game or activity for Liana’s Legacy, please e-mail Ms. Kowalchick with a description of your idea and what your display would look like.
If you would like more details about this event, please contact
Ms. Kowalchick at firstname.lastname@example.org or 267-893-4335.
Invitation to 6th Grade Closing Ceremony
Please join us in the celebration of our 6th grader’s accomplishments on
Wednesday, June 19, 2013
Weather permitting, the ceremony will be held outdoors. Chairs will be set up, however, if you are inviting friends and family members, please bring additional lawn chairs.
After the ceremony, please join us for a small reception and photo opportunities. Parents who would like to sign siblings out early, may do so in the office before or after the ceremony.
Home and School
Support Staff Baskets
It is that time again when DHSA and Doyle parents want to thank all of the Doyle support staff members for their wonderful help throughout the school year. Support staff members work in classrooms, office and library, supervise students at lunch and recess, arrival and dismissal and keep the school clean.
From your donations, our committee will assemble and distribute the gift baskets on Friday, May 24. Students can drop off their donations starting Monday, May 20 in boxes in the hallway and/or the office until the morning of Friday, May 24.
Kindergarten: Individually wrapped candies and candy bars
1st grade: Individually wrapped cookies and cookies
2nd grade: Microwave popcorn and granola/energy bars
3rd grade: Teas, K-cups, Coffee, cocktail napkins, frames and magnets
4th grade: Apples, oranges, grapefruit and pineapples
5th & 6th grade: Gift cards (Rita’s, WaWa, Coffee shops, etc.) and other creative gifts
Thank you in advance for your support. If you have any questions, please contact Amy Widener @ email@example.com.
With the warm weather approaching, you may want to remind your children that some summer outfits are not appropriate for school. All students are expected to demonstrate acceptable taste in their dress habits. Students are asked to avoid extreme short pants, tops with exposed mid-drifts, and any tee shirts with offensive or tobacco/alcohol-related images. Some hot weather outfits are appropriate for a 5 year-old child but not appropriate for a more mature 12 or 13 year-old student.
The following are guidelines for warm weather apparel for all students.
- All clothes should be clean, near and in good taste.
Sandals or beach footwear are not appropriate for school.Biking shorts are not permitted.
Halter and crop tops for girls are not permitted.
Students may not wear destructive clothing or footwear, i.e., rivets, cleats, ornamental belts, etc.
- Indecent and unsavory slogans, expressions, etc. are not to be worn on clothing.
Any attire the administration considers to interfere with quality of education shall not be permitted.
- Students who would like to play in the GaGa Pit need to wear sneakers.
Adherence to proper dress standards will help to insure an appropriate school image for our students and a learning environment free of unnecessary distraction. Thank you for your cooperation on this issue.
Getting Ready for Summer - Parent Workshop
- 6th grade Middle School Orientation: May 23, 2013
- 4th Grade Field Trip - Michener Museum: May 24, 2013
- Market Day: May 24, 2013
- No School - Memorial Day: May 27, 2013
- 1st grade Field Trip - Elmwood Zoo: May 29, 2013
5th grade Inquiry Fair: May 29, 2013
- Field Day: May 30, 2013
- 3rd grade Field Trip - Franklin Institute: May 31, 2013
- Kindergarten Field Trip - Merrymead Farm: May 31, 2013
- Spring Concert: June 5, 2013 - 7:00 PM (Lenape MS)
- 5th grade Field Trip: June 6, 2013 (Constitution Center)
- Kindergarten Spring Sing: June 6, 2013
- Liana's Legacy: June 7, 2013 (5:30 - 8:30PM)
- Raindate 1 for Field Day: June 11, 2013
- 2nd Grade Walking Trip to Lenape: June 11
- Pen Mock Trial (Grades 5 & 6): June 12, 2013, 6PM (CB Courthouse)
- Raindate 2 for Field Day: June 13, 2013
- Bus Driver Appreciation Breakfast: June 13, 2013
- Volunteer Breakfast: June 14, 2013
- 6th Grade End of Year Camp: June 18, 2013 (YMCA)
- Last Day for AM Kindergarten: June 18, 2013
- 6th Grade Closing: June 19, 2013 (10:00 AM)
- Last Day for PM Kindergarten: June 19, 2013 - AM session
- Last Day of School: June 19, 2013, Early Dismissal @ 11:55 AM.