Major Family Update
École Kingston East Elementary School - October 8th 2021
Our staff is so grateful for the beautiful October days we have had this week and for the privilege of teaching our students in person again. We hope that all of our families enjoy a happy and restful Thanksgiving weekend!
October is Islamic History Month and Hispanic Heritage Month
Monday, October 11th-Thanksgiving Day
- No Classes
Tuesday, October 12th - Day 4:
- Terry Tuesday: Wear your Terry Fox T-Shirt or Wear Majors Red!
- Running Club Grade 3/4 8:15 am
Wednesday, October 13th-Day 5
- Fruition Kindergarten Presentations
Thursday, October 14th-Day 1
- Terry Fox Run/Walk
- Fruition Kindergarten Presentations cont'd
Friday, October 15th-Day 2
- Red Friday!
- Terry Fox Run/Walk rain date
October 19th: Virtual SAC meeting at 6:30 -Renaming Process Info from Superintendent McDonnell and Director Burra
October 29th-Black & Orange Spirit Day
November 1st -PA Day
Please follow this link to browse the EKEES school clothing selections for students, staff & parents.
Park & Stride Kingston East
Mrs. Barton's students dig into data!
Kinders get creative with building materials!
It's Socktober, Majors! We are collecting new socks this month for local homeless shelters. Thank-you for your donations!
KEES Terry Fox Campaign
The KEES Terry Fox team has been working to gear up for our school event. We want to make this year big!! Majors are going to, “Try Like Terry!”
- Class packages were sent home on Tuesday. These include an information sheet, a T-shirt order form and a pledge sheet. There is also a link for online donations! Follow the link below to donate online.
- All of the money from t-shirt sales go directly to our school fundraising goals!
- We have some fun incentives!! If we reach $5000, Mrs. Bush will be given an ice bucket. If we reach $6000, Mme. Panet will also be iced!! If we reach $7000, Mrs. Pacheco will be slimed!!
- Three wonderful teachers have offered to cut their hair should we reach over $5000. Mrs. John, Mrs. Strathy and Mrs. Barton will chop off their hair in support of our school campaign.
- Classroom teachers are in on the fun too!! The top fundraising class in each division will watch their teachers get a pie in the face!!
Our school online fundraising link is up and running!! Please tweet and share, share, share!!
Terry Tuesdays! Please wear your Terry Fox shirts you might have or wear red.
Our Terry Fox Run/Walk will take place on October 14th.
SAC Communications Survey
Lastly, we also have several staff and students with scent allergies and sensitivities. Thank-you for not sending any heavily scented hand sanitizers to school with your child.
A Message from EKEES School Advisory Council Elections
Ecole Kingston East Elementary School Advisory Council held our first meeting of the year and conduct elections for School Advisory Council positions on Tuesday September 28, 2021 at 6 p.m. We still have some vacancies, including chair/co-chair positions.
Who qualifies to hold an elected position? Any parent or guardian of students enrolled in the school. A member of a board cannot be a member of a school council established by the board (O. Reg. 612/00, s. 3 (6)).
Information about the roles of SAC positions is listed below as well as a ballot form that can be downloaded.
Please request and complete a nomination or self-nomination form to express your interest. Return to email@example.com. If you have any questions, please contact outgoing SAC Chair Shayla Bradley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EKEES School Advisory Council 2021-22
Thank-you to our parents for volunteering your time to fill a position on this year's SAC. It's not too late to help out if you are interested in a position or committee role!
Vice Chair: vacant
Treasurer: Allison Brehm
Secretary: Laura van Staalduinen
Volunteer Coordinator: vacant
Fundraising Coordinator: Emily Edwards
Communications Coordinator: Sonj Taylor
Indigenous Family Representative
- Indigenous parent/guardian/grandparent of an Indigenous student), ideally bringing Indigenous perspective and voice to the SAC
Division representatives (up to 2 each for Kindergarten, Primary, Junior)
Kindergarten: Erin Caudie and Melissa Grant
Primary: Kayley Miller
Junior: Tammy Hardy
PIC rep: Christine Innocente