EMERGENCY SCHOOL CLOSING
Tuesday, January 16th will be a District Wide eLearning Day
Gower West & Gower Middle will be closed tomorrow for an eLearning Day
Due to the current Wind Chill Warning issued by the National Weather Service for our area, school campuses will be closed and we will hold an eLearning Day at both Gower West and Gower Middle School on Tuesday, January 16th.
Given the current forecast, we expect classes to resume on Wednesday and will send further notification if this school closure needs to be extended.
Students are expected to utilize our eLearning Day procedures (see link on our district webpage under the Parent Info tab) to be marked present. Your child's eLearning modules and/or assigned work will be available no later than 8:30 a.m. on our eLearning day. It is important to remember that teachers and certified staff will be off site, but will be available from 8:30 am - 1:30 pm for virtual support.
Student attendance for our eLearning day will be based on their completion of the eLearning modules and/or assigned work. If your child is unable to participate in this eLearning day, for any reason, please contact your school office directly and our staff will work with you to try to accommodate your specific needs.
Gower School District 62 eLearning Daily Schedule
- 8:00 am - 8:30 am - Teacher planning/preparation
- 8:30 am - eLearning modules and/or assigned work posted and period of availability, student engagement, instruction, supervision and support as needed begins
- 8:30 am - 1:30 pm - 5-hour block of student engagement, instruction, supervision, monitoring and support as needed
- 1:30 pm - 2:00 pm - Teacher duty free
- 2:00 pm - 3:20 pm - Verification/assessment of student work/engagement; planning/prep for ongoing eLearning modules
- 3:20 pm - 3:45 pm - Teacher planning/preparation, professional responsibilities
This notification has also been sent through our robo-call system, is posted on our school and district webpages, and is also posted on the Emergency Closing Center website.
- Dr. Simon, Superintendent of Schools