research topics series: Issue #1
Now, what does it mean to bully?
Definition: Repeated, aggressive behavior intended to hurt others.
There are many different ways people get bullied. For example:
- cyber bullying
- rumors and letters
Bullying can happen to ANYONE.
It doesn't matter who you are, you are in risk of getting bullied.
Reasons why people bully:
- They are jealous of you or someone else.
- They want to be popular.
- They want to look strong or tough.
- They might be getting bullied themselves!
- They want to escape their own problems.
Ways to stop bullying.
You can stop bullying in many different ways. For example:
- Get an adult involved.
- You can be nice to others ( Good deeds, help, advice, hang out with them, ect.)
- Tell the bully to STOP.
- DONT post a video of bullying to social media. It just encourages others to bully for popularity.
If you are getting bullied yourself.
Remember this poem:
Your skin is not paper, don't cut it.
Your face isn't a mask, don't hide it.
Your size isn't a book, don't judge it.
Your life isn't a film, don't end it.
You can still do the same things as you do for when you want to stop bullying.
Rules against bullying.
1. We will NOT bully others
2. We will try to help people who are bullied.
3. Include people who are left out.
4. If we know someone is being bullied, tell an adult.
Now follow this quote,
If people are trying to bring you down,
it only means that you are