The Rolling Stones
5 interesting facts
- In 1964, the Rolling Stones were approached by Kellogg’s Cereals to participate in a TV commercial for Kellogg’s Rice Crispies.
- Over 1,500,000 fans turned up to see them play at the Copacabana Beach Show in February 2006.
- Although they weren't invited to the Beatles’ party to celebrate the release of ‘A Hard Day’s Night’, Keith Richards, Brian Jones and Bill Wyman gate crashed it.
- The first single that was released from the Rolling Stones album 'Bridges To Babylon' featured Angelina Jolie.
- The Rolling Stones were inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame in 1989.
Rolling Stones: "Satisfaction!"
Facts about the song
The song "(I can't get no) Satisfaction", was released in 1965 in England. The lyrics refer to sexual frustration and commercialism. This song was created on May 7, 1965, when guitar player Keith Richards woke up in the middle of the night with a melody in his head. He was in a room in Gulf Motel in Clearwater, Florida. His guitar was on the bed beside him. Mumbling in the dark, he got his portable cassette recorder on the nightstand. He played the record button and began playing an eight-note riff. It was played along by the mumbled vocal line, "I can't got no satisfaction". In the decades since its release, "Satisfaction" has repeatedly been acclaimed by the music industry. In 1976, Britain's New Musical Express listed "Satisfaction" 7th among the top 100 singles of all time.
- What stood out for you during the song?
- What tempo is the song being played at?
Personal reaction and thoughts about the song
My personal reaction to this song is that I found it pretty catchy and made me want to listen to it again. I think its a great song to listen to for everyone and probably great to play with as well. I chose this song because the Rolling Stones are a great band from the 60's and have lots of classic hits. I chose this song because the Melody on Guitar and is catchy, the vocals were excellent, and I like the common time rock beat.