CENTRAL SANDHILLS AREA 4-H NEWS
August 2022 Newsletter
Attention: Adult members and volunteers
All 4-H volunteers and staff are required to complete the Nebraska 4-H volunteer screening process. Volunteer screening is done in order to assure a safe, positive, and nurturing environment for all youth involved with the Nebraska 4-H programs and provide protection for the child, the volunteer, the educator, the 4-H Council, the Extension Board, and the University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension.
Initial screening of volunteers and staff will occur when they sign up to volunteer or are employed as an Extension professional. Re-screening for volunteers will be done every five years by district regardless of when the original screening was completed. Volunteers are responsible for covering the screening fee at the time the screening is completed. Currently, the cost of the screening is $5.00. Please see click on the link below for more details.
Make sure when you are bringing static entries to county fair that it has all supporting documents. For more information refer to your fairbook.
Companion Animal Showmanship Contest
- Take your 4-H companion animal project to the next level with our Video Companion Animal Showmanship Contest! This state-level contest is an opportunity for youth to showcase the knowledge and skills they have developed in their 4-H companion animal project. The best part? Youth can participate from the comfort of home! Video entries are due by 5:00 p.m. CST on Monday, August 15. Visit 4h.unl.edu/companion-animal-showmanship to learn more!
The online entry system is now open for the 2022 Nebraska State Fair!
The 2022 Nebraska State Fair 4-H and FFA entry site is open and accepting entries! Below you will find some information regarding the deadline, entry site, 4-H schedule, livestock entry limits, entry prices, optional livestock purchase items, tips for how to submit entries and who to contact if you have registration questions. Please share this information with your families in your county.
Deadline to complete entries:
Wednesday, August 10 at 8 PM CST*
*No option for late entries
Online Entry Site
After clicking the link, scroll down to “Online Entry Information” and click the navy blue box that reads 4-H/FFA ENTRY.
- State Fair Livestock Schedule Link: https://www.statefair.org/sites/default/files/_images/content/2022%20Livestock/Schedules/2022LivestockSchedule(62222).pdf
- 4-H Static, Contest, Fashion Show, Robotics Showcase, Presentations Schedule Link: https://4h.unl.edu/state-fair-schedule
- 4-H Weekend (Friday, August 26-Sunday, August 28)
- FFA Weekend (Saturday, September 3-Monday, September 5 with cattle able to arrive on Friday, September 2)
Livestock Entry Limits
- 4-H and FFA each have different entry limits for each species. Review the attached document to view how many animals can be entered under each organization.
Step By Step Entry Instructions
- It is recommended to download the step by step instructions prior to signing in to the entry site. Note: Even if the youth exhibited at the 2021 State Fair, please click “I am a new exhibitor or have yet to register this year”
- Browser: It is recommended to use Chrome as the web browser.
Entry Prices and Optional Livestock Purchase Items
Note: All Beef, Swine, Sheep, Goat, Rabbit and Poultry 4-H/FFA exhibitors will automatically receive an 11-day admission wristband at no cost. Exhibitors will not have to select a wristband as it will automatically be provided with the livestock, rabbit, and/or poultry entry. 4-H Dog Exhibitors and other non-livestock in-person entries (4-H Contests, Fashion Show, Presentations, and the Robotics Showcase) will receive a free daily gate pass. All purchase items will be in the exhibitor packet when the exhibitor checks in at the Livestock Check-In Trailer.
Issues with Registration?
If you have technical difficulties with the online registration, please e-mail the Nebraska 4-H/FFA local technical support team: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope to see you all at the 2022 Nebraska State Fair!
State Fair Pick Up Day
Shaniya Albertus will be picking up items to take to the Nebraska State Fair on the following days:
Blaine County will be August 22 at Sandhills High School in Dunning at 10:00 AM CT
Grant County will be August 22 at Hyannis High School at 4:00 PM MT,
Hooker County will be August 23 at the Extension Office in Mullen at 9:00 AM MT,
Thomas County will be August 23 at the Extension Office in Thedford at 10:00 AM CT. If we do not receive items at these times, they will not be displayed at the State Fair.
4-H static exhibitor families will be able to order discount passes directly from the Nebraska State Fair! Contact the Extension office at 308-645-2267 for more information.
Robotics Leader Needed in Hooker and Thomas Counties
Hooker and Thomas Counties will be looking for a robotics leader for the coming 4-H year. If you have any questions please call the Central Sandhills Extension Office at 308-645-2267.
STAY INFORMED ABOUT 4-H AND EXTENSION NEWS!
Please be sure to like us on FB!
Don't forget to visit our Extension website at:
PLEASE SHARE WITH US YOUR NEWS so it can be included in our newsletters! Forward any 4-H news, events, or activities to Marcy at email@example.com