January 2019 Edition
Leader of The Pack
Mullica Township Middle School PBIS recognizes the “LEADERS of the PACK” for January 2018. This month the character trait exemplified by these students was perseverance.
Join us in celebrating:
Malanie Pagan, Julius Bermudez, Harry Tennant
Valerie Fabian, Julia Lord, AJ Maxwell, Antonio Cruz
Alaina Schlue, Joshua Ingemi, Jadalynn Perez, Kylie Belber
Alberto Rodriguez, Dylan Day, Madison Plummer, Robert Gowdy
Two Hour Delay
Warm welcome, on a cold day!
Boys Cross Country Champs and 8th Grade Science Fair Winners Honored at BOE Meeting
Tower Garden Smoothies
Fifth Grade Science Fun!
5th grade science students played a short round of a survival for food game in the courtyard on a very chilly day. This simulated herbivores, omnivores and carnivores searching for nutrients. 3 different color tiles were used to simulate plants, animals and water. A thumbs up meant you survived!
Setting Book Club Goals for 2019
6th Graders start the year off right by setting reading goals for their new books.
-Mrs. McClaren and Mrs. Rodio
It's Snowing Functions in Room 99
" It's funny how room 99 FUNCTIONS in this chilly weather."- Jaclyn Dulski
"Room 99 is having a great FUNCTION in all this snow."- Justin Sawyer
"This is snow falling FUNCTIONS in room 99."-Carlos Figueroa
-Mrs.Coughlin and Mrs. Lazos
Cross Fit In Phys. Ed.
Middle school PE students are currently grinding it out in their cross fit unit!
-Mr. Newhall and Mr. Fackler
Burmese Python Traps
7th Grade Science
Unit Rates- Graphing on the Floor!
Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream
-Mrs. Vanderheyden & Mrs. Coughlin
Convection Currents in a Fluid
Mr. McLaughlin's 6th graders investigated convection currents. The students in Mr. McLaughlin's class made astute observations and recorded them in their journals.
-Mr. McLaughlin and Mrs. Lynn
Big History Project with Mr. Gerber
Join the Chess Club!
Who: Middle School students
What: Chess Club
When: Thursdays afterschool, 3:30pm-4:30pm. January 31 – February 21, 2019. Additional sessions may be offered depending upon interest.
Bring: The Mullica Township PTA will be supplying chess sets. However, students may bring their own chess set.
Positive attitude and a willingness to learn
Take Your Family to School Night
Mark your calendar and plan to beat the winter doldrums with a night of fun at school.
Locker Painting, Origami, Lemon Battery Demo,
Musical Mason Jars, and much more!
Join Sustainable Mullica for Smoothie Tasting.
Check out the Cedar Creek Robotics Club for a demonstration.
Check out a recycling game with the Oakcrest Student Environmental Awareness Club.
You do not want to miss Mr. Brownhill's Liquid Nitrogen Demonstration!
I can't wait to have fun at this PTA event!
Mark Your Calendar
- 2/4 - 2/8 - Children’s Stage Adventures - “CRY WOLF” begins for grades 2-5
- 2/6 – Progress Report Check – Monitor Grades in PowerSchool
- 2/8 - Children’s Stage Adventures - Evening Performance - 7:00 pm
- 2/12 - 2/28 - Robotics Club - Session 1 (Tuesdays/Thursday 3:30-5:30 pm)
- 2/12-Take Your Family to School Night -PTA
- 2/13 - Dodgeball Tournament
- 2/15 - Early Dismissal - Staff In-Service
- 2/18 - School Closed - Presidents Day
- 2/19 - Class Pictures - Elementary School
- 2/20 - Class Pictures - Middle School / Clubs / Sports
- 2/21 - MTEA Lip Sync Battle
- 2/27 - February Board of Education Meeting
- 3/8 – PTA Designer Bag Bingo – 6:00 pm – Cafeteria
- 3/12 – 3/14 – Parent/Teacher Conferences – Early Dismissal Days
- 3/13 – March Board of Education Meeting
- 3/15 – Trimester 2 Ends
- 3/15 – Early Dismissal – Staff Development
- 3/20 – PTA Meeting
- 3/22 – Trimester 2 Report Cards
Please Join the Mullica Township PTA
Did you know that the Mullica Township PTA supports events and activities that benefit our students every month of the year? Thank you, PTA for all you do for our children!
Membership is only $5.00 per year.