should every marriage be arranged?
An arranged marriage is...
- when a parent sets a man or woman soul mate for you
- when a man or woman comes and asks for your hand in marriage because of their decision
History on arranged marriages
Reasons for an arranged marriage
- popular culture
- money support or freedom for your family
- the joining or combining of countries or land
- the joining or combining of royal powers
- most arranged marriages separate families
- they involve very young woman ranging from the age of 9-18
- they separate one from ones true love
people related to arranged marriages
9 year old girl
I approve the practice of an arranged marriage, but only under specific guidelines. In the arranged marriage process, the people getting married should have a choice to marry the other or not. If the decision is not made by the people getting married, but by the ones who arranged it, it then crosses the line to a forced marriage in which I do not approve of.
Constable, Pamela. "A vow to marry on their own terms." Washington Post 22 Mar.
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/top-five-countries-highest-rates-child-marriage-1444103 2015. Opposing Viewpoints in Context. Web. 8 Dec. 2015.
"Ivory Coast Courts Battle in Child Marriage Landmark Case." AFP News Footage 2014. Opposing Viewpoints in Context. Web. 8 Dec. 2015.