First Aid in Children
Stay safe at a young age!
- If you think a child is unconscious, be sure to check for responsive behavior, shake them and shout, asking if they are okay
- With no response, call 911 and keep the child flat on their back with their head, neck and spine aligned
- If a child is conscious and choking, give back blows and abdominal thrusts, if an infant is conscious and choking, give back blows and chest thrusts
- If a child is unconscious and choking, give rescue breaths followed by chest compressions
- If CPR is needed, give 30 chest compressions followed by 2 rescue breaths, repeat this cycle until it is completely necessary to stop