Brock Intermediate News
September 16, 2018
Monday, September 17th
- Constitution Day - Wear Red, White & Blue
Tuesday, September 18th
Last day for PTC "Write a Check" campaign
- 5th grade to Bass Hall
- Rocket club after school
- Community Wide Homecoming Parade 6:30, Pep Rally & Bon Fire
Thursday, September 20th:
- Flu Clinic - click here for the consent form
Friday, September 21st:
- End 1st 6 Weeks
- Homecoming Pep Rally/Football Game
- Spirit Day
*Students are not allowed to wear mums/garters to school.*
- Student Holiday
September 24th- October 18th: Brock Archery Camp - 4th - 12th grade; Monday - Thursdays 6:00-7:30 Click here for details
Mrs. Ward - 3rd & 4th grade Music
Mrs. Harrison - 3rd & 4th grade STEM
Many of the teachers have emailed their information out or added it to their Remind. I had these so I just wanted to be sure I shared.
PTC Meeting Information:
- Introduction of Officers
- Treasurers' Report Update
- Volunteer Opportunities at each campus - just a few minutes goes a long way. The PTC workroom at BES is located in the office area. The PTC workroom for BIS is located in the office by the library. There are bins there for each grade level and items that may need cut out, glued or copied. Any time you can step in and help a teacher out is greatly appreciated.
- Box Tops - These are being collected for each campus. The class with the most box tops at the end of each six weeks for each campus earns a PTC sponsored party. If you are collecting those, please glue or tape them on the collection sheets as it does make it much easier for counting as well as turning them in for credit. Also, if the box tops are expired, please do not send them as they do have to be removed prior to sending them in. Campuses are brainstorming ways to create excitement among the kids to collect the box tops. If you have ideas, please let us know.
- Fall Festival - will be held at Brock Elementary on October 12th from 5:30 - 8:00 with the raffle drawings starting at 7:30. More information to come regarding the specifics for that day, however, PTC does handle the dinner options that are offered as well as hosts Bingo. Be looking for information to come from PTC on ways you can help out at Fall Festival.
- Bookfair - BES and BIS are both hosting a book fair next week. if you can help out at either one of the campuses in the library, please click the link https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a0a44aeaf29a20-bisbook to sign up for a spot. Anyone that can help is appreciated as these events are typically very busy.
**Find PTC on Facebook: Brock PTC or text @BrockPTC to 81010 **
- We will start releasing as soon as the bells ring for parent pick-up, however, once the buses arrive on campus, we will stop traffic to allow the buses to pull through to pick up kiddos and then exit. After that time, we will resume the parent pick up line.
- Be sure and review the attached map - **Note** feel free to be in either lane coming around the front of the building, you can cross to the other lane to exit.
- Attached are written instructions regarding parent pick-up if you are wanting to read through those. Please be sure and have your nametag hanging and visible on your rearview mirror.
- We will encourage students to be dropped off in the car line or walked only to the front entrance. In an effort to ensure student safety and campus security, we ask that you say your "goodbyes" at the front door so they can enter independently and get ready for the day. If you have a parent conference, we will ask that you sign in to the front office before proceeding to the teacher's room - doors open to the building at 7:15a.m.
- Everyone that is dropping students in the a.m. will enter the line off of Grindstone on the East side of the Junior High. This line will go around the pond and to the front of BIS.
Eagle Eyes are fathers, grandfathers, uncles, and other father-figures who volunteer throughout the school year at Brock Elementary.The “Eagle Eyes” will work right along-side the staff as they read and work with students, play at recess, eat lunch with students, watch the school entrances and hallways, assist with traffic flow and any other assigned activities where they actively engage with all students.
If you are interested in being an Eagle Eye, please here for more information as well as forms to fill out and turn in.
BIS Lunch Times
3rd grade: 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
4th grade: 11:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
5th grade: 10:55 a.m. - 11:25 a.m.
6th grade: 11:55 p.m. - 12:25.m.