- Please continue to welcome Maricel Claveria, who started last month.
- Please welcome Pam Pogue, a new part time RN, starting June 5th.
- We will have 2 new graduate nurses starting in July.
- We are still waiting for replacement positions to be posted, but hope this should happen soon. (2 FT RN, 1 FT Scrub Tech)
- We will be posting 4 FT RN positions in July to help accommodate our longer transition times.
We are always looking for preceptors, so if you are interested, please see Laura or Sara.
L&D Unit Refurbishing
Patient Satisfaction Scores
Also - our survey respondents are telling us that they are not being asked regularly about "Do you have help at home after discharge". Please start this process in L&D with our admission assessment. Perhaps clarify with the patient that the father of the baby, or patient's mother will be helping when they are home. If they state that they do not have anyone to help, please ask if they would like a social service consult.
Newborn Transition Process
A few things to note:
- Please vote for the name of this process. The ballot box is in the break room.
- Go live for newborn reg/notifying Pedi/newborn orders - June 22, 2015
- Next class: Newborn assessment, Skin to Skin, breastfeeding tricks - August 2015
- Please see task force members for more information
Professionalism at the Nurses Station
- Self Evaluations - The window will open soon for self evaluations. It is important that you complete this so that you can receive the full amount of your raise. More information coming soon.
- New red arm bands - starting this week!
- Newborn assessment classes - August
- No lunch clockings - soon you will be asked when you clock out about your lunch break. There will be training and clarification before this starts to happen.