October 31, 2016
HAPPY MONDAY! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
- Congratulations to StuCo and various FHN clubs on an awesome Trick-or-Treat Street. It was great. All proceeds went to Elizabeth Stallings' family to help with medical expenses. Way to go, Knights!!!
- Thanks to Aaron Manful for sharing with local principals about the journalism program at FHN.
5 QUICK FACTS
Lindsey Scheller--Communication Arts
1. I married my high school sweetheart (You might know him?), and we have been married for 12 years.
2. We have three great, hilarious kids: Ben is eight, Oliver is five, and Josie is two.
3. We live in Old Town, in a house that is over 100 years old.
4. I went to school at UMKC, and almost didn't come home from Kansas City because I loved the town so much.
5. If I couldn't be a teacher, I would want to be a photographer.
Dr.Birch is up next!
STAT Team Information:
STAT team will be meeting on November 9th to work with new referrals and follow up with students who have already been identified.
For those of you new to North or those that need a refresher our STAT team meets with students who have been identified by teachers and counselors as needing extra support. The STAT works to help those students that are struggling by providing them with a check in system, guided study hall or other interventions necessary. If you have any questions regarding the process, please feel free to e-mail me or stop by.
Knights @ 90: FHN currently has 89.94% of students attending 90% of the time. Since we have dropped below 90% which is our goal, I would like to focus on 3 key things:
1) Please be sure all information in IC is accurate. If a student comes in late, please remember to change it from absent to tardy.
2) Please reinforce the No More Than Four Motto. If students are missing more than 4 days per quarter, they cannot make 90% attendance.
3) Please help students see the connections between regular attendance and academic success in your class specifically. They need to understand why it’s important to be here.
Since today is the last day of the month, here is the link to the attendance survey for you to submit your 1st period attendance percentage. Thank you.
The FHN Administrative Team took time this week to review the comments from the 1st quarter climate survey. Thank you to those who provided ideas to help us keep improving, especially in the area of communication. Your time and insight is appreciated!
The Better than Carrots or Sticks book study will begin this Thursday, November 3 from 2:30-3:30 in Room 5/8. It is not too late to start. Contact Dr. Birch if you are interested.
Want to learn more about Restorative Justice? Check out this brief article:
The Technology Committee will be meeting on 11/9 after school in the main office conference room. We will be planning the next Lunch and Learn
2016-2017 Staff Commitments to the Learning Environment
In order to improve the climate/environment at FHN, the staff commits to:
1. building positive relationships with students and staff members.
2. listening to the concerns of others and by helping to problem solve those issues.
3. helping students to see the relationship between effort and success.
4. being open-minded to new ideas.
5. addressing any inappropriate behavior immediately to help set an expectation of appropriate hallway and classroom behavior.
6. giving clear and consistent expectations for device use and by enforcing them.
7. counting tardies consistently.
TECHNOLOGY COMMITTEE MEETING
Wednesday, Nov. 9th, 2:30-3:30pm
MAIN OFFICE CONFERENCE ROOM
BEHAVIOR LEADERSHIP TEAM
Thursday, Nov. 10th, 2:30-3:30pm
MAIN OFFICE CONFERENCE ROOM