HP Parent Newsletter
Let's gear up for the 2022-2023 school year!
The mission of South Texas ISD Health Professions is to provide students with rigorous academic instruction and advanced technical skills that will allow for their successful transition into allied health careers and/or post-secondary education.
The vision of South Texas ISD Health Professions is to engage students in a focused, challenging curriculum within a small, caring community of learners.
Visit our website for important updates and information
HP Pep Rally!
Student Registration (Mandatory)
If you still have not registered your child, please send your signed packet on the first day of school. Registration packets can be turned in at the front office.
Link to the forms can be found here: Registration Forms - South Texas ISD Health Professions (stisd.net)
Student Recruitment Giveaway
Student Pick up/Drop off Locations
Mercedes Regular Bus Routes
2022-2023 Bell Schedule
School Supply List
The district’s dress code is established to reinforce good grooming and hygiene, instill discipline, promote a disruption free educational environment, avoid safety hazards, and teach respect for authority. Students are expected to adhere to the following standards of dress and grooming:
- Extreme hairstyles are not permitted.
- Students should come to school well-groomed and appropriately dressed. (Note: Examples of inappropriate dress would include: backless or semi-backless blouses, see through apparel, mesh stockings/blouses/shirts, low cut blouses, jeans worn at a level between the knees and waist, leather jewelry and other accessories with metallic studs, blouses with one shoulder only, blouses with straps less than three fingers in width, excessively tight clothing, gang or cult-related clothing, absence of foundation garments, etc. This list is not meant to be all-inclusive.)
- All students are required to wear appropriate footwear while on school premises. (Note: Due to safety reasons in laboratory situations, students are discouraged from wearing shower or beach thongs to school.)
- Apparel of any kind having obscene slogans, endorsements of any alcoholic beverages or tobacco products, emblems, or writing that is deemed inappropriate by the principal or designee will not be worn.
- Students may wear shorts. The length of the shorts shall be no more than two inches above knee cap.
- Students may wear earrings. Piercing in any other location of the body will not be worn at school.
- The length of any skirt or dress cannot be more than two inches above the kneecap, nor may slit in clothing extend two inches or more above the knee.
- No gang/cult-related clothing, accessories, or imagery is permitted.
- Chains attached at the waistline are not permitted.
- Undergarments may not be worn as outer garments nor may sleepwear (including slippers) be worn.
- Science, Health Science, Engineering, and Career Technology classes will follow OSHA standards as it regards dress code and safety, including footwear.
- Male students should not wear sleeveless shirts.
- Frayed/tattered jeans are allowed, provided there is no exposed skin above the knee cap.
- No visible tattoos are allowed.
- Leggings may be worn with a blouse/shirt that extends through the thigh (Leggings cannot be sheer/see through).
- No midriff blouses/shirts allowed. No visible skin of the waistline or midriff is permitted.
- Hood covers (from hoodies or sweaters) are permitted provided that head is not covered inside the building (for student safety)
- Backpacks are allowed, but must be clear or mesh.
If a student is found in violation of the dress code, parents/guardians will be called and asked to bring appropriate attire. If a parent/guardian is unable to come, the student will be placed in in-school suspension.
STISD A/B School Calendar
After School Tutorials
PTSO - Parent, Teacher, Student Organization
Mustang Volleyball, Flag Football, and Cross Country Tryouts
Upcoming Dates and Events:
Friday, August 5 - Meet the Teacher Night @ 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Monday, August 8 - First Day of School