Counselor and Social Worker Corner
August/September 2021 - Elm Creek Elementary
A message from your school counselor and social worker
Ms. Granger and Ms. Campbell are very excited to have you back on campus and we look forward to an awesome year working with you!
Please check out our Newsletter every month for information about events, articles to read, resources and motivational quotes for the school year!
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
"LUCA" - DISNEY PIXAR - SUMMER MOVIE - "SILENZIO BRUNO!"
"Silenzio Bruno", which means "quiet Bruno!".
You got this and Ms. Granger and Ms. Campbell are here to help you have an amazing year!
- Small Group Counseling
- Individual Counseling
- Guidance Lessons
Student Skills Goals:
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Intrapersonal Relationships
- Post - Secondary Planning and Career Readiness
- Personal Health and Safety
How to see school Counselor:
- Teacher Referral
- Parent Referral
- Administrator Request
Understanding Self-Harm and the Difference with Suicidal Ideation/Attempts
National Suicide Prevention Week was from September 7th to the 11th. While self-harm can be scary and must be treated, it is very different from suicidal ideation and attempts. Parents need to understand the difference so that they can help their children more effectively.
In this session with Carol Carver, you will learn:
- What are the forms of self-injury
- How self-injury is different from suicidal thoughts
- What drive kids to self-injury
- How you can detect self-injury
- How to help a child in this situation
Self-Care for Parents Who Don't Have Time
Without a good understanding of and proper attention to their own needs, parents are ill-equipped to help their kids and less able to meet their needs for security, direction and emotional support.
In this session with Jessica Knudsen, you will learn:
- What parents’ needs have to be met to parent effectively
- How can your self-care deficits affect your kids
- Some of the strategies to improve your self-care
- Setting a plan for self-care.