Pacific Ridge Principal's Update
Monday, May 22nd, 2023
- Monday, May 29th ~ No School ~ Memorial Day
- Tuesday, May 30th ~ Kinder & 1st Grade Concerts *Save the date! See below for details.
- Tuesday, June 13th ~ Field Day! See below for volunteer opportunities!
- Tuesday, June 13th ~ Final PTO (Parent Teacher Organization) Meeting for the school year. Please join us for elections of PTO board members for the 2023-2024 school year!
- Thursday, June 15th ~ LAST Day of School ~ Early Release at NOON
Let's cheer on our Gulls!!!
Kindergarten & 1st Grade Spring Concerts
We are excited that our Kinder and 1st grade classes will be performing in their Spring Concert this Tuesday !
Date: Tuesday, May 30th
Where: Pacific Ridge Elementary Gym
When: Kindergarten performs at 5:45 PM & 1st grade performs at 7:15 PM
*Please plan to arrive no earlier than 15 minutes prior to the concert start time time to drop off you child with their teacher in their classroom.
- Kindergarten Drop Off at 5:30PM
- 1st Grade Drop Off at 7:00PM
Kindergarten Paper Making
- Grades K-2 time: 8am-10:20am
Grades 3-5 time: 12pm-2:30pm
- Sign-Up HERE!
- ALL VOLUNTEERS must first complete an application and background check to create a profile in the district-wide Volunteer Management System. Once a profile is created, volunteers will be able to update personal information, view and sign up for volunteer needs, and communicate with the school.
- We have recently updated our volunteer application and it is now ONLINE at https://www.seaside.k12.or.us/about/volunteering for more information about how to become a volunteer at our school.
Tuesday, June 13th ~ Final PTO (Parent Teacher Organization) Meeting for the school year. Please join us for elections of PTO board members for the 2023-2024 school year
Bikes and Scooters for Books Reading Contest
Scooters & Bikes for Books!
NEW THIS YEAR SCOOTERS
Sponsors: Gateway Masonic Lodge, Warrenton OR
Dates: May 8 - June 9, 2023
Grades Kinder - 2nd Grades ~ Scooters
- 6 scooters given 2 per grade level.
Grades 3rd - 5th Grades ~ Bikes
- 6 Bikes given, 2 per grade level.
Helmets will be provided by Pacific Ridge Elementary & Seaside Police Department
- Book report forms will be handed out in Library Specials and extra forms are available in the library.
- You can enter the contest as many times as you want.
- Teachers will have a file in their classrooms to collect all entries.
- Deadline for entries is Friday June 9, 2023 at 2:30pm.
- The winners of the Bikes and Scooters will be announced the last week of school.
IMPORTANT: Please make sure First & Last name, and Teachers name is legible, Write it on the back for librarians.
Are you interested in volunteering at Pacific Ridge?
There are many ways a volunteer can help at our school: classroom support in reading or math, SMART program, assisting in the library or STEAM classroom, field trips and much more!
If any of these opportunities interest you please email email@example.com for more details.
ALL VOLUNTEERS must first complete an application and background check to create a profile in the district-wide Volunteer Management System. Once a profile is created, volunteers will be able to update personal information, view and sign up for volunteer needs, and communicate with the school.
We have recently updated our volunteer application and it is now ONLINE! Click HERE for more information about how to become a volunteer at our school.
What is Safe Oregon?
Our school participates in SafeOregon. SafeOregon is a statewide school safety tip line for students to use to report school safety threats.
What is Safe Oregon?Safe Oregon is a program created for Oregon students, parents, school staff, community members and law enforcement officers to report and respond to student safety threats.
A Commitment to Safety
The goal of SafeOregon is to prevent school safety threats from occurring by providing schools and communities with a relevant tool for reporting potential threats. Tips can be submitted in a variety of ways, including email, phone calls, text, our mobile app and our web portal. All tips go immediately to a tip line technician 24×7. Tips are promptly analyzed and forwarded to designated personnel who can provide further assistance in resolving reported incidents.
How to Report a Tip
Encouraging reporting at schools or online leads to a culture of safety. When a potential safety threat is reported, we have the chance to prevent violence. Working as a community to keep school safe is the highest priority at SafeOregon. Tips can be reported in a variety of ways...click here for more information.
Birthday Celebrations & Treats
Birthdays are celebrated collectively in the classroom with one time per month to honor all the birthdays of the month.
Please contact your child's teacher if you wish to contribute a healthy snack to the class monthly celebration. Healthy snacks are preferred over cupcakes or other sugary snacks. All food must be store bought and individual packets are best.
Frozen Fruit Bars
Snack mixes of cereal and dried fruit
Raisins and other dried fruit
Crackers or healthier cookies
BIRTHDAY PARTIES OUTSIDE OF SCHOOL:
If you wish to pass out birthday party invitations at school, we ask that all students in your child’s class be included.
Calendars ~ Seaside School District
- Our Pacific Ridge Elementary calendar is also on our website and LINKED HERE. Upcoming events will be posted on this calendar.
- Our School District Calendar is posted to our school website and LINKED HERE for quick reference.