Chapter 29 Project
The consumer protection laws
Meat Inspection Laws- requires the poultry to be inspected for contaminants
Hazardous Substances and Labeling act- requires all household products to have warnings if dangerous
NIST- rewards standards of exellence
CPSc-protect consumer from unreasonable risk of injury or death from consumer products
The patients Bill of Rights
- Information disclosure, making sure that the patients have the basic knowledge of the information in order to make a health care decision for themselves
- choice of provider, letting the patient have the right to choose their own doctor.
- Access to emergency services, giving the patient the right to access health care services.
- Treatment decisions, having the right to participate in all related health care info.
- Respect and nondiscrimination, patients have the right to be respected by all of the health care system at all times.
- Confidentiality- giving the patients the right to copy their records.
The consumer bill of rights
- The right to safety is the protection against products that are hazardous to life or health. (an example would be testing on things like animals and ect. )
- The right to be informed is the protection against fraudulent, decietful, or grossly misleading practices (being notified about the stuff that are buying for example, having the right to know whats all in the product)
- The right to choose (the basic right) access to a variety of quality products and services offered at competitive prices
- the right to be heard, saying that the customer can have the assist that they need for their interest
- The right to Redress, being able to have any kind of regirstration or access to express their dissatisfaction in something that was of your product. for example it would be a number to the head office or company.
- The right to consumer education, giving the customer the knowledge for their advantage of the products or opportunities,(for example: upcoming sales)