Kirk Fenton News
7th May 2021
Dear Parents / Carers,
This week has been a week of firsts for us in school. We have had our first bubble able to do PE in the hall and our first whole school assembly, socially distanced outside for over a year - and it was wonderful to have the children back together again albeit separated. We enjoyed a VE day assembly complete with the voice of Winston Churchill and some great singing, led by Mrs Skelton. Hopefully, this is the first step on the road to normality in school again and we can meet together like this outside whenever the weather holds.
Thank you to everyone who has completed the parent survey around school dinners. There have been a few consistent themes which we will be hoping to resolve ready for the new school year.
Finally, a few reminders this week:
- PE Kits - These should be a white t-shirt and red shorts (indoor), dark colour hoodie and jogging bottoms for outdoors and no logos other than the school logo please.
- Parking - We still get several complaints from our neighbours regarding bad and selfish parking. I know it is very busy at drop off and pick up times but please help us to keep our children safe and our neighbours happy by parking considerately.
- Ulleskelf school bus - Please ensure your child understands the need for good behaviour if they are travelling on the school bus. There is a chaperone on the bus who reports any bad behaviour to school staff and I will in turn contact parents as necessary.
- Please ensure your child always has a coat in school. This week we have had bright mornings and very wet afternoons and several children have been caught out at afternoon play. We still go out in the rain!
Have a lovely weekend,
Mrs Karen Williams
Good Work Awards
This week's certificates were awarded to the following children:
Mercury - Finnbar C and Annabella G
Venus - Jacob H and Oscar L
Earth - Whole class and Joseph C
Mars - Laurence H-F and Seeley T
Jupiter - Bradley S and Luca M
Saturn - Olivia P and Elliot G
Uranus - Sam B and Daisy V
Neptune - Eleanor C and Jasmine B
Hot Chocolate Friday
Well done to the following who earned the hot chocolate award this week:
Mercury - Evelyn A
Venus - Archie K
Earth - Ella M
Mars - Isla B
Jupiter - Henri W
Saturn - Nadia S
Uranus - Harry B
Neptune - Amelie W
KS2 Change to School Dinners and School Dinner Survey
A school dinner survey was emailed out yesterday. We would appreciate if you could please complete this and thank you to everyone who already has. Please contact the office if you require the link sending out again.
Special Taster Menu, 20th May
'If anyone in your school develops a new and continuous cough or a high temperature, or has a loss of, or change in, their normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia), you must:
- send them home to begin isolation - the isolation period includes the day the symptoms started and the next 10 full days
- advise them to follow the guidance for households with possible or confirmed coronavirus (COVID-19) infection
- advise them to arrange to have a test as soon as possible to see if they have coronavirus (COVID-19)
Other members of their household (including any siblings and members of their support or childcare bubble if they have one) should self-isolate.'
KS2 Cricket with Yorkshire Cricket Board
Monday 10th May
Monday 31st May - Friday 4th June
Monday 7th June
Friends 'Virtual' AGM
Tuesday 15th June - time & online platform tbc
Staff Thank You's
If anyone would like to say thank you to or has any positive comments for a member of staff then please complete and submit the form below.
Friends virtual AGM, 15th June 2021, time & online platform tbc
Registered charity no: 1154660
The easiest ways to raise funds for us is to register with Easy Fundraising and raise money as you shop online at no cost to you and search online with Easy Search
Like us on Facebook for up-to-date information www.facebook.com/FriendsOfKirkFenton
STAR MAT Vacancies
Please click on the following link for details of our current vacancies:
South Milford Primary School - Class Teacher and SEND Lead
Sherburn High School – Site Manager
Appleton Roebuck Primary School – Class Teacher
Riverside Primary School – Key Stage 2 Teacher
Tadcaster Grammar School – Attendance Officer
Brayton C of E Primary School – Deputy Headteacher