November 13, 2015
- Today is midterm for this quarter but since grades update at midnight and sometimes not on Saturdays we will send the midterm sign off page home on Monday as homework.
- We got enough Oreos and we now have enough Pringles cans! Thank you so much!
- If you didn't pay your field trip fees in the beginning of the year, please go to mypaymentsplus.com to pay those. We are currently planning all of the trips and need to know how much $ we have to work with.
- Website: www.fenwickturner.weebly.com
From Ms. Fenwick
Spelling: No spelling this week! The new words for the week after Thanksgiving are already on the homepage of my eCLASS course page for those of you who like to look ahead.
Reading: We will be focusing on character traits this week using a play, The Monster in the Cave. The students will continue to read their own individualized selections for their Genre Bingo Card--we have started over for the new 9 weeks. Wordly Wise Lesson 7 this week! Don't forget that a Reading Check-In on eCLASS is due every Friday under Second Nine Weeks.
Writing: We will be focusing on Complex Sentences this week using a mentor sentence we found in a story we will read together, The Turkey Race. We will finish up our research and complete our informational writing about the an aspect of the Solar System.
From Mrs. Turner
- Math: We have taught most of the skills for the unit, and I have posted video helpers to our website and eClass. The test is December 2.
- Don't forget TenMarks is due every Friday. (I've already loaded next week's assignments for students to work on if you want to get ahead.) https://www.tenmarks.com/student
- SS: We discussed precolonies (Jamestown, Roanoke, Plymouth). Next week we will move into the original 13 colonies! This unit is a ton of fun, so ask your child about it a lot! The information will be tested with the New England colonies in a few weeks. Additional resources for study may be found at: http://fenwickturner.weebly.com/social-studies.html and on eClass.
- Science: We sped right through this unit and students should be ready. Test is MONDAY, November 16. We will go straight into Additional resources for study may be found at: http://fenwickturner.weebly.com/science.html and on eClass.
- Colonial Day will be December 18th! We dress up for this, so I've included some pictures of some dressed up in the past. . . Please know there are many ways to dress up and don't all require spending money. HOWEVER, if you plan to purchase your child's costume, you may want to watch the Halloween sales to get the costumes inexpensively.
- Please join quizlet for Ms. Fenwick and Mrs. Turner: https://quizlet.com/join/Zyu8JdY4S AND https://quizlet.com/join/nxQx2fuGm
- Please join remind for Ms. Fenwick and Mrs. Turner (we'll send out subject specific items as well as homeroom items so join both!)
- Check our Google calendar and website often for dates, resources, and information! fenwickturner.weebly.com
- Curriculum Night questions are answered on our website. http://fenwickturner.weebly.com/forms--links.html