Lakewood Parent Communication
Message from the Principal
We had a wonderful Harvest Festival last weekend! Huge thanks to PTA for making that happen and to all the parents who came to enjoy with their students. We are excited to see all of the parents this NEXT week at parent conferences!
Message from the Counselor!
We are focusing on making sure that our students are not bullies and do not experience bullying. Please help us by talking to your students about bullying! Here is some info below about what bullying is and what it is not.
The school calendar is located in your child's MOOSE. Please look for school holidays to plan family vacations or trips. Important instruction takes place every day and we don't want your child to miss anything and possibly get behind!
Tardy and Absence Policy
ON TIME EAGLES
Back by popular demand, we will be pulling names of students who are on time every day for awards. Tell your student who is ON TIME to watch the morning announcements for winners.
One of our goals this year is for every staff member and every student to have 97% attendance for the school year. That calculates out to less than 6 absences for the entire year. Please help us reach this goal by making sure that your child is at school every day that they can!
Thank you for your help in making sure your child is at school every day!
Reading 3D Data
Reading 3D Meeting Powerpoint
Parent University Offerings
Be a LIBRARY VOLUNTEER
Title 1 Information
*Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) requires that each Title I school hold an Annual Meeting of Title I parents within the first 45 days of school for the purpose of...
* Informing you of your school’s participation in Title I.
* Explaining the requirements of Title I
* Explaining your rights and opportunities as parents and families to be involved in your child’s learning and achievement.
* Being a Title I school means receiving federal funding (Title I dollars) to supplement the school’s existing programs. These dollars are used to increase student achievement by…
* Identifying students experiencing academic difficulties and providing timely assistance to help these student’s meet the State’s challenging content standards.
* Purchasing supplemental staff/programs/materials/supplies
* Conducting Family Engagement meetings/trainings/activities
How did our campus become a Title I school?
* Free and Reduced Lunch numbers
Our school is required to have a Family Engagement Policy stating our plan for the year to provide Family Engagement activities for our campus that increases student achievement.
•We are also required to have a Compact. A Compact is a commitment from the school, the parent, and the student to share in the responsibility for improved academic achievement.
•Our Family Policy & Compact are reviewed annually with parents, teachers and staff.