August 5, 2022
Welcome to the 2022-2023 School Year!
Please be advised that parents/guardians are not allowed to enter the building in the mornings. Please wish your child a great day at the gate or front doors; only students will enter the building. Parents/guardians will not accompany students to their classrooms on the first day of school. If your child has supplies for the classroom and is not able to carry those supplies to the room, parents/guardians may drop off supplies at the front office to be delivered to classrooms. Please be sure to label all bags/boxes with your child's name and their teacher's name.
If you were not able to attend Meet the Teacher, please send information with your child on the first day about how they are going home. It is imperative that we hear from each parent/guardian regarding their child's plan for dismissal. You may also download the attached document, print it, fill it out, and send it with your child on the first day of school.
Please carefully review information that follows in this newsletter regarding screening your child's health each day. In addition, if there is a positive diagnosis of COVID-19 in your home, please contact CCSD's hotline at (702) 799-4322. Please do not send your child to school until you have been able to communicate with staff from CCSD's hotline.
REMINDER: Screen Your Child's Health Before School Each Day
Any students determined to be exhibiting symptoms related to COVID-19 will be sent home immediately from school from the satellite health office. Should isolation and/or quarantine protocols need to be enacted, follow all guidelines for isolation and mandatory mask wearing periods.
Plan Ahead for Arrival and Dismissal
Plan ahead for busy traffic conditions and possible delays! It takes everyone doing their part to make the day successful.
- The main (Battista Lane) parking lot is closed from 8:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. and from 3:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. If you park in this lot, please remain parked until the blue gates have been opened after buses leave.
- U-turns are illegal in active school zones.
- Do not park in red zones or in front of fire hydrants.
- Show courtesy. Do not block residential driveways or double park.
- Be prepared to park a distance from campus access points.
Morning Arrival Reminders
- Students are to enter through the front doors of the school. Please note that there will be no gates in use for student arrival in the morning. Students from the following classes will enter via the Pre-K playground: Ms. Reisner, Ms. Robertson, Ms. Penaflor, and Ms. Walsh.
- Families may choose to park in a legal parking spot and walk students to the front doors. Be reminded that families are not allowed past the front doors during morning arrival.
- Families may choose to use the Eldorado driveway as a "Drop and Go" lane. Please pull forward in the driveway and then stop to allow your child to exit on the passenger side of the vehicle. Students will then walk to the front door or gate by the bike rack to enter campus.
Afternoon Dismissal Reminders
- Students being picked up will be picked up from the main playground on the dots.
- Available Gates: Bike Rack/Portables Area, Bermuda Steps/Basketball Courts, Mardon/Courts
- Do not linger on campus; please depart immediately.
- Do not access playground equipment.
- Gates close and are locked by 3:20 p.m.
- Be prepared to park a distance from the gates.
Student First Day Information Folders
Please note, the Family Guidebook includes information about birthday treats. While we will be able to share birthday treats, please ONLY share treats that are individually-wrapped. Possible options include individually-wrapped store-bought snack treats or small bags of chips.
Class Dojo Information
Click here to see meal menus online. You can also search for food distribution sites on this website. NOTE: You may need to "refresh" the webpage to see the menus for LWJES.