Geology of the Earth:
By the end of this lesson I will:
1) Be able to identify the layers of the earth.
2) Be able to explain what each layer does.
How Likely is it that Brampton Experiences an Earthquake?
Using the chart as a guide answer these two questions:
1) Is an Earthquake likely to happen in Brampton?
2) Where in Canada is an Earthquake likely to happen?
3) What do you already know about what causes earthquakes & volcanoes?
4) What you want to know about earthquakes & volcanoes?
Complete the K, W, H for each of the above questions.
Structure of the Earth Video Response
Copy the organizer into your notebook. After watching the videos, your group will be assigned a layer of the Earth and become the class expert on this topic. You can review the videos on your devices later to double check facts. Here is the group task:
1. Create a brief diagram of your layer.
2. Add key words to the diagram.
3. Record your explanation of the layer (this will be posted to our D2L page for the class.
Feel free to use our latitude and longitude globes in your diagram!