News of the Week
Here are a few reminders for next week:
- Book Fair... Yesterday the kids went to the book fair for an early preview and a chance to write down their wishlists. Please check their bookbags for the wishlist. Our shopping day will be on THURSDAY. If you wish to send in money, please send it that day. You may also come and shop with them during Early Release Days or at the Father-Daughter Dance tonight!! If you sent money today, I just left it in their folders. Thanks!
- Early Release... Don't forget the kids get out of school at 12:50pm on Wednesday and Thursday next week. Please schedule a conference with me! Click here!
- No School on Monday!!
- PIR Reminder... Parents, please remember to log all of the minutes that you are reading at home in your child's red PIR folder. Minutes read here at school NO LONGER count towards their levels and prizes, so it is based solely on home reading. Our PIR day is usually Thursday, but occasionally our PIR parent needs to come on another day, so you may want to just leave their folders in their backpacks at all times. Thanks!
We will not go to the library until March 1st due to the Book Fair.
- Practice sight words (list below)
- Write stories at home... try to label the pictures or add sentences by saying the words slowly and recording the sounds that you hear!
- READ, READ, READ!!!!!!!! 20 minutes a night!
- Name flat and solid shapes
- Count to 100 by tens and ones
- Write your numbers 0-20
- Count groups objects accurately (20 or less)
...Skills We Will Work On Next Week...
Reading & Writing
Science & Social Studies
How-to Access Our eClass Page
2) Type in your child's student number (200....)
3) Their password is their initials, the month of their birthday, and the day of their birthday (i.e. mine would be lw1224)
** If content on our page is not loading, but sure to look in your address bar for the security shield and click 'load unsafe scripts' or whatever your wording may be! **