September 19, 2014
Another Week Down!
Thank you for your attention and work at our School of Faith meeting Wednesday afternoon. I thought this one was better than the first one and I'm hopeful that the next one we have in January will be even better! The personal reflection and then the small and large group sharing are terrific ways to think about our faith. Thank you to everyone who participated!
Another "Thank You" goes out to Connie and Dean Vesely, who are now signed up to help work at Spirit on November 8. (Does Dean know he "volunteered", Connie?) This is our biggest fundraiser, and we want it to grow. No....we HAVE to get it to grow! And we need your help to do it!
- Attend Spirit. Buy your tickets now!
- Convince another couple (or two or three or four) to buy tickets and go with you.
- Work at Spirit. Contact Leisa to get a job nailed down.
- If you can't attend, buy two tickets and donate them. We'll "comp" someone who's never come before, they'll see how much fun it is, then they'll buy tickets next year.
One last "Thank You" to people who have signed up to take tickets or provide support at our activities. I peeked at the list this morning, and, although we do have plenty of open spots available, I did notice that we've got some filled as well. Well done!
Our Terra Nova testing is quickly approaching. Please make sure to support students as much as possible, especially during the testing period:
- Make sure we're doing a great job of explaining directions and expectations.
- Remind students to eat a good breakfast.
- Tell them that they'll do well.
Here's a couple of other sources you could use to help ease test anxiety in your students, not just for the Terra Nova test, but for ALL testing (click the links below):
WE ARE NC!
Video of the Week
Tweet of the Week
If it's important to you, you'll find a way;
If it's not, you'll find an excuse.
Don't forget that next Wednesday, we have two short Professional Development opportunities for you to take advantage of! One will be offered at 7:45am and one at 3:45pm. Both have to do with technology in the classroom. Contact Renee or Connie for the details!