Emily's Updates: Graduation Edition
Congratulations, Class of 2021! You did it!
Graduation day is coming soon!
- Diploma Seniors have until May 20 to submit your work to teachers
- GED Seniors have until May 24 to complete their tests
- Beginning May 17, our school schedule will change to 10AM - 4PM (for DIPLOMA ONLY, GED will keep same classes and schedule) so you can work with teachers to get work done
Once you have completed ALL of your classes, see your counselor to get your cap & gown as well as your graduation tickets (4 per student)!
Tuesday, May 25th, 5pm
1500 South Franklin Street
Keep scrolling to get all the deets!
Here are a few things you should know before the big day!
- Parking: See map below for more details, main lot for families is off of S. Franklin St and overflow/staff parking is up by the school on the corner of S. Franklin St & Louisiana Ave
- Food: There is NO food allowed in the stadium, but water is encouraged
- Shoes: NO HEELS OR WEDGES - since we will be on the track, only flats allowed (no one allowed on the turf)
- Social Distancing: We are required to practice social distancing by family/household, so families can sit together just make sure to keep 6ft from another family group
- Pictures: Students will get their pictures taken by our very own Katie Weisberger! She will get your email & phone number so she can send you your FREE digital pics by June 15.
- Diplomas: Once students cross the stage, you will be directed to see Kathy and Iris under the tent to receive your diploma.
- As soon as the ceremony is over, we encourage all families to head across Louisiana Ave over to Washington Park for family pictures and celebrations (Please note: EGHS is not hosting any formal gatherings after the ceremony, but would love to join in the fun at Wash Park)
5:00 PM- Everyone in their seats
5:05 PM - 6:00 PM
- Procession of Graduates
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Welcome & Opening Remarks
- National Anthem
- Student Speakers
- Student Awards
- Presentation of Certificates*
- Closing Remarks
- Recession of Graduates
6:00 PM - Wrap up and head over to Wash Park to celebrate!
Amy Gonzalez - GED Counselor
Kathy Choi - Counselor
Katie Amsberry - Counselor
Liora Wilson- Counselor