We're Busy as Bees!
Busy Bees: Kindergartners learning to Read!
Happy New Year!
Testing is completed. Each one of your students have grown. I'm very excited about the growth of each Kindergartner that I serve.
I will resume teaching this week (the week of February 2, 2016.)
What Mrs. Bowyer is Doing!
I teach these lessons explicitly. If your student continues to struggle, I change the intervention or repeat the instruction until your child "gets it". I am continually collaborating with your child's classroom teacher. She knows what I am teaching and how I am teaching it.
Most of my students see me every day. A few students see me every other day.
What the "Busy Bees" (the children) need to do!
2. Stay focused. Try very hard to listen to the teacher and don't be distracted.
3. Be willing to work with a partner in a peaceful and fair way.
4. When "homework" is given, the children need to do the homework that evening. It's guaranteed to be fun and parent-friendly!
What Parents and Caregivers Can do!
2. Look for homework from Mrs. Bowyer. It won't come every day. It is guaranteed to be fun and parent-friendly.
3. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU CAN DO - Read to your child at least 4 times a week for 20 - 30 minutes each time. Sit close to your child. Point to the words as you read. Make it fun!