By: Cheyenne Coon
The tomers can be removed by surgery. Chemotherapy and Radiation therapy may be recommended together but if the disease has infected other organs such as the liver Chemotherapy alone will be used.
Is the 10th most common cancer in U.S. men and the 9th most common in U.S. women. Deaths from pancreatic cancer have be slowly increasing over the years.
- If you smoke, stop smoking.
- Eat a diet high in fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
- Exercise regularly.
Pancreatic cancer is often diagnosed when it’s in an advanced stage. If one or more of the signs and symptoms described here is present, certain exams and tests may be done to find out whether they are caused by pancreatic cancer or by some other disease.
- "Understanding Pancreatic Cancer -- the Basics." WebMD. WebMD, 31 Aug. 0000. Web. 26 Apr. 2013.
- Board, A.D.A.M. Editorial. Pancreatic Carcinoma. U.S. National Library of Medicine, 18 Jan. 0001. Web. 26 Apr. 2013.
- "Facts and Figures Report: Declines in Cancer Deaths Reach Milestone." Facts and Figures Report: Declines in Cancer Deaths Reach Milestone. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Apr. 2013.
- "How Is Pancreatic Cancer Diagnosed?" How Is Pancreatic Cancer Diagnosed? N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Apr. 2013.