The District Line for 109
February 15, 2019
Kindergarten Registration - Drop-In/Drop-Off Date Added
District 109 Welcomes Sue Enquist
A Look Around 109
Congratulations to the Caruso Middle School 8th Grade Girls' Basketball Team who took 1ST PLACE in the Elite Eight Conference Tournament! (Twitter: @MeganChin_109)
Congratulations to this year's winners and runners-up for the Anna Marie Humer Scholarship from Shepard Middle School! (Twitter: @emily_dykema)
We are so excited to welcome our new Kindy friends! An additional Drop-In/Drop-Off date for Kindergarten Registration was added on Tuesday, February 19 from 2 - 5 pm at the District Office (517 Deerfield Rd).
These Walden students practiced their Growth Mindsets during their morning meeting! (Twitter: @m_vandeheuvel)
Our Co-Teachers did a fantastic job presenting to the Board of Education on February 4!
Wilmot students packed birthday bags with their buddies from another class on Valentine's Day! The birthday bags will be donated to Fill a Heart 4 Kids. (Twitter: @scaschwa)
South Park students created Valentine cards online that will be printed and distributed to children at Ann & Lurie Children's Hospital in Chicago! (Twitter: MsDietz4)
Kipling 5th graders created beautiful ceiling tiles for their legacy project!
Congratulations to the Caruso Middle School 7th Grade Boys' Basketball Team who took 2ND PLACE in the Final Four Conference Tournament! (Twitter: @NashwaMekky)
Feb. 18 - No School (Presidents' Day)
Feb. 19 - No School (Teacher Institute Day)
Feb. 19, 2 - 5 pm - Drop-In/Drop-Off Kindergarten Registration
Feb. 19, 7 pm - Sue Enquist Presentation (more information above) in the Caruso Middle School Auditorium
Feb. 20 - Early Release Day
Feb. 21 - Kipling and Walden Band Recital at Walden Elementary School
Feb. 23 - Park Johnson Memorial Speech Tournament
Feb. 25, 7 pm - Board of Education Meeting at Caruso Middle School
Feb. 26, 5 pm - Negotiations Meeting
Feb. 26, 7 pm - Co-Teaching Parent Night
Feb. 27, Early Release Day
Feb. 27, 3:30 - 8 pm - Potbelly Concert Fundraiser
March 1 - Trimester II Ends
March 4 - No School
March 6 - Early Release Day
March 11, 7 pm - Committee of the Whole Board Meeting
March 13 - Early Release Day
March 14, 7:30 pm - Shepard Middle School Musical
March 15 - Elementary Report Cards Posted
March 15, 7 pm - Caruso Middle School Musical
March 15, 7:30 pm - Shepard Middle School Musical
PTO Events and Information
South Park PTO
- South Park PTO is proud to bring back Spring Boutique and introduce the NEW Kidpreneur (more details below) Event on April 7. We are looking for vendors to reserve tables for both events. Do you or someone you know have a business that would like some new exposure? We are looking for vendors who provide goods and /or services. Click here to find out more information and to sign up!
- Calling All K-8th graders! The South Park Kidpreneur Event is looking for kids who have wanted to start a business. Are you an artist, jewelry or fashion designer or mad scientist? Sign up and join us April 7! Click here for more details. Please contact Jessica Shlafrok at Jessicashlafrok@hotmail.com with any questions.
Our school district regularly sends parents and guardians of our students informative newsletters from Community -- The Anti-Drug Coalition (CTAD). CTAD strives to build and sustain a safe and healthy community in which our youth feel protected, confident and empowered to make drug-free choices. To do so, CTAD brings together input and contributions from schools, parents, youth, government, healthcare, law enforcement and the faith community to transform the environment around our youth so that the drug-free choice is the easy choice. In this issue:
- Parent Love is #1, guest essay by Jorie Ouimet, Omni Youth Services
- Tips from Tech Executives on Monitoring Children's Social Media
- Free Parent Program: Shine a Light on the Dark Web (2/26)
- 5 Conversation Goals
- 60 Second Conversation Starter
- Most teens choose to be alcohol-free PSA (video)
- Save the Dates for future Deerfield Parent Network programs
Share Your Expertise with District 109
If you're interested, please fill out this form.