Rocket Family Update - Week of September 6-10
Weekly Note from Mrs. Clement
September 6, 2021
Dear Rocket Families,
I hope you all have enjoyed a wonderful holiday weekend! It is hard to believe that we are just two weeks away from fall and the end of this school week will mark our mid-way point through the first 6 weeks grading period.
As we begin week 3 of the year, I ask that you please review some very important reminders below:
- In morning car line students are not to exit their vehicle without the assistance of a staff member. In other words, a staff member must open the vehicle door for your child.
- If you have not yet connected with your child's teacher by way of Class Dojo, please do so ASAP.
- Technology Fees are due by Monday, September 13. Students will remain day users until fees have been paid. Families facing any financial hardships are encouraged to reach out to me for a fee waiver.
- Fall Picture Day will be on Tuesday, September 21. Information will be sent home this week.
- All parents are asked to remain in their vehicle to ensure the safety and effectiveness of morning arrival and afternoon dismissal. A staff member will assist your child. If your child needs additional assistance from you we ask that you pull up and park in a parking space to keep our line moving.
- Parents/Guardians are asked to not have a cell phone in use during car rider line.
- Please follow all car rider guidelines so that all students will be safe.
- Please continue to give your child's bus driver a 15-minute window.
- Masks are required for ALL bus riders and drivers. Masks will be available if your child is in need of one.
- ALL PM riders should have someone waiting on them each afternoon. Safety is our top priority and drivers must be able to see a child walk into their residence or be met by an adult. If you live in an apartment complex or mobile home park it is essential for you to meet your child at the bus stop as there is no way for the driver to ensure your child’s safety once they depart the bus. If no one is waiting for a rider(s) they will be brought back to the school and parents/guardians will be called for pick-up.
At Rutherfordton Elementary, we believe in educating the WHOLE child. This means that in addition to the academic needs of students we must also attend to the social and emotional learning needs of students (SEL). Beginning next week, our school will begin implementing a social and emotional learning curriculum program (Second Step) during classroom morning meetings. To give you an overview of SEL please view this short video - Social-Emotional Learning: What Is SEL and Why SEL Matters
Links regarding our weekly menus for breakfast/lunch and technology fee information are listed below.
As always, please feel free to reach out to me anytime should you have any questions, concerns and/or suggestions. I may be reached at email@example.com, by way of Class Dojo or by calling the school at (828) 287-3778.
Thank you for your continued support!
Upcoming Events & Important Information
3rd Grade Beginning-of-Grade Assessment
- Wednesday, September 8
- Payments are due by Monday, September 13
Fall Picture Day
- Tuesday, September 21
- Information will be sent home this week.