Stoneleigh Home-School Connection
As we embark on the 2021-22 school year, the priority of the Stoneleigh Elementary staff continues to align with the BCPS 21-22 reopening plan for all students to safely return to full time in-person learning five days a week following the recommended health and safety guidelines. Our instructional focus is for students to participate in on grade curriculum with appropriate scaffolds to ensure the classwork is accessible.
For the first time BCPS is offering an Early Entry Day for students entering grade 1 on Friday, August 27, 2021. First grade families have already received this information. Kindergarten students will again participate in a gradual entry on Monday and Tuesday, August 30th and 31st with the first full day for all students on Wednesday, September 1, 2021.
Sneak-A-Peek will be held in two sessions to align with CDC guidelines including universal masking when indoors and limited school capacity for social distancing to the extent possible.
- Families whose last name begins with A-M are invited on Friday, August 27th from 2:00 - 2:30pm.
- Families whose last name begins with N-Z are invited on Friday, August 27th from 3:00 - 3:30pm.
Teacher Grade Level Assignments:
- Kindergarten - Ms. Olischuk (previously Ms. Beach), Ms. Fenlason, Ms. Gingerich, Ms. Hughes, Mr. Zimmerman
- 1st grade - Ms. Brune, Ms. Ciattei, Ms. Edwards, Ms. Keffer, Ms. Myers
- 2nd grade - Ms. Ghattas, Ms. Hancheruk, Ms. Howard, Ms. Kerns, Ms. Ronson
- 3rd grade - Ms. Fisher, Ms. Haynes, Ms. Hickey, Ms. Ratajczak, Ms. Schindler
- 4th grade - Mr. Gieron, Ms. Hornberger, Ms. Klair, Ms. Morris, Ms. Valentine
- 5th grade - Ms. Bradley, Mr. Imirie, Mr. Miller, Ms. Sturkey
In addition, we will continue the 1:1 device ratio Kindergarten through 5th grade with students transporting their computers to and from school daily.
To do our part in slowing the spread of COVID-19 Stoneleigh Elementary School staff and students will:
- universally mask
- physically distance to the extent possible
- maintain appropriate ventilation
- instruct and adhere to handwashing etiquette
- stay home when sick and getting tested
- conduct contact tracing, in combination with isolation and quarantine when necessary and
- ensure proper cleaning and disinfection.
This year Home School Communications will go out on the 15th and 30th of each month via email and posted on the school's website; please check it out.
BCPS hopes to have parent/guardian access to Schoology restored soon. We will notify parents when we have the information.
The past months have placed a strain on everyone. Please assume the best intentions in others and be kind tho those around you. We are excited to again open the doors of Stoneleigh Elementary to the students and their families.
Wishing everyone well.
Please make sure your technology is in good working order!
New School Day Hours As of August 30, 2021
At Stoneleigh Elementary student arrival will continue to be 8:30 am with students expected to be seated and ready for instruction at 8:45 am. Dismissal of students will move from 3:15pm this school year to 3:30pm.
27 (F) “Sneak-A-Peak” Last name begins A – M @ 2 – 2:30 pm; N – Z @ 3 – 3:30 pm
30 (M) Opening Day for Students/K Gradual Entry
31 (T) K Gradual Entry
1 (W) First Full Day of Kindergarten
6 (M) Labor Day – Schools Closed
7 (T) Schools Closed for Students – Rosh Hashanah
9 (R) Fall Portraits w/Strawbridge Studios
14 (T) Back to School Night, Gr. K – 2 @ 7 pm
16 (R) Schools Closed for Students – Yom Kippur
21 (T) Back to School Night, Gt. 3 – 5 @ 7pm
Again this school year, ALL meals are free for ALL students! In-school meal service includes breakfast and lunch. Students who desire can receive a grab and go breakfast to eat in the cafeteria each morning. Hot and cold lunches will be served through the serving line in the school cafeteria.
Breakfast and lunch menus are available on the BCPS website through the Office of Food and Nutrition. A pdf copy of the menu for elementary schools for August and September is attached below. The link to the website is below.
Please see the attachment below titled Stoneleigh Elementary School Fall for specific information on the ordering process that includes the packages available, the website, Stoneleigh's school code and manner for payment.