Free Community Event
LET'S START THE CONVERSATION ABOUT PORN...
Empowering Utah Youth and Families to STAY SAFE in a Pornified Culture
Many children are exposed to porn by 11!
- And sadly, they are learning about sex from the internet
- Violent porn is the leading porn that teens see when they first come across it
- Porn does not teach sex; it teaches violence, objectification, and disconnection
- This creates a "toxic stew" for a teen, as shame and arousal get fused in the brain
BUT THERE IS HOPE! JOIN US ON JUNE 24TH-EDUCATION IS POWER!
Dr. Donald Hilton knows the truth about porn....
Dr. Hilton has authored recent peer-reviewed journal articles and book chapters on addiction, including papers published in Socioaffective Neuroscience and Psychology, and Sexual Addiction and Compulsivity to name a few. He also recently co-authored a chapter on sexual addiction in the newly published textbook by the Oxford University Press, Neurobiology of Addiction. He serves on the board of directors of the Washington DC based National Center on Sexual Exploitation (NCOSE), and on the board of directors of the Society for the Advancement of Sexual Health (SASH). He recently spoke in the Parliament Building in Warsaw, Poland in a hearing on the public health aspects of pornography, and in a similar forum in the US Capitol Building in a congressional briefing.
Community Event at SLCC Miller Campus
Friday, June 24th, 7-9pm
SLCC Miller Campus Conference Center, Wasatch Room 9750 South 300 West in Sandy, Utah, 84070
- Dr. Donald Hilton, Pornography and Sex Addiction is Real: Why a Public Health Approach is Important in Framing Conceptualization and Treatment
- Panel Discussion: Ways We Can Empower Utah Youth to Stay Safe from Porn, Jackie Pack (Healing Paths, Inc.), Candice Christiansen (Namasté Center for Healing),Craig Bakker (Fight the New Drug)
The event will be held in the Karen Gail Miller Conference (KGMC) Building in the Wasatch Room (to the left when you enter the lobby).
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Panel on Teaching Healthy Intimacy & Connection....
Jackie Pack is the Founder of Healing Paths, Inc, an Outpatient Program that treats individuals and couples with sex/pornography addiction and trauma in Bountiful, Utah.
Candice Christiansen is the Founder of Namasté Center for Healing, a Treatment Center for adults, couples, and families with trauma, sex/pornography abuse/addiction, substance addiction in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Craig Bakker is the Program Director of Fight the New Drug, a non-profit organization that focuses on educating youth and raising awareness on what the organization considers the harmful effects of pornography.
With the Support of (thank you!)
Namaste Center for Healing
Healing Paths Inc.