Ratifying the Constitution
Ten Important Points
Federalist and Antifederalist
2. Federalist were people who supported the Constitution
3. Federalist and Antifederalist both debated if the new Constitution should be approved.
4. George Mason became a Antifederalist because the Constitution did not have a section that guaranteed individual rights.
Picture By: wallyg
6. These essays were written by Hamilton, Madison, and Jay.
7. The Constitution only needed nine states to pass it, but each had to ratify it.
Bill of Rights
9. The rights would be added to the Constitution would be called amendments, or official changes.
10. In December 1791 the states had ratified the Bill of Rights-10 of the proposed amendments intended to protect citizen rights.
Picture By: MasonSOM