We are Learning & Having Fun in K-1
Happy Saint Patrick's Day!
What We Are Learning... (SCROLL ALL THE WAY DOWN FOR LOTS OF PICS!)
We are happy that everyone is finally feeling better, just in time for the nice weather!
This week, we learned all about Leprechauns and St. Patrick's Day. On St. Patrick's Day we made Irish Soda Bread, and kept getting tricked all day by Ms. Dittrich's Uncle Seamus! Thankfully, he found his way back to Ireland and left us all cool pencils.
In Math, we are now learning about all shapes. We can identify, triangles, squares, rectangles, and hexagons.
For writing, we are generating ideas about our Community Helper Books after immersing ourselves with different texts about them. We can't wait to start writing about them! We are especially excited after meeting Daniel Kirk, our Guest Author.
In Fundations, we are doing well "tapping out" words. Make sure your child is saying each sound separately before they blend it together. We've taught them to "tap" using their arms; this is easier for them fine motor wise.
Great job as Star of the Week Ryan! Ryan also has the best birthday around, St. Patrick's Day!!!
Bits & Bobbles...
- Ms. Dittrich is the Choreographer for GREASE at the High School (shows tonight and tomorrow!) CHECK IT OUT!!!!
- With the cold weather upon us, indoor recess will be happening more frequently. When possible, the kids can go and play in the gym- but they MUST HAVE APPROPRIATE footwear. Sneakers are best. :)
- With that being said, we are trying to build more breaks into the day for the kids to get the wiggles out. See below for a video that they really enjoyed.
- Please check your child's folder every night
- PLEASE, PLEASE, (PLEASE) label any and all money (in an envelope or baggie with your child's name) coming into the classroom. This is exceptionally important for lunch money. All it takes is "two loose lunch monies" to get mixed up.
- Please be sure to send in all necessary utensils for snack. We do not supply spoons or forks.