Mrs. Lamparter's Class
November 1, 2013
We have had lots of fun investigating pumpkins this week and even got to help clean out the pulp and seeds so Mrs, Hanagriff could carve our pumpkins. After reading "Pumpkin Jack" we decided to experiment and cover our pumpkin with soil and see what happens. We will record our observations just like scientists. THANK you to Mrs. Wickerham for organizing our Halloween centers and all the parents that helped out. We had SO much fun!
Thank you for your support of my iPad project on donorschoose.org and remember that donations will be matched dollar for dollar until Wednesday, November 5th. Just enter the match code INSPIRE on the payment screen.
- New W.O.W. words this week: no, me, that, saw, were
- Recognizing upper and lowercase letters, learning letter sounds, and recognizing color words
- Working on recognizing rhyming words
- Counting, blending, and segmenting syllables
- Features of Non-fiction text/ researching pumpkins
- Writing a "small moments" story and creating our own books
- Working in guided reading groups- please have your child read the book to you and return it the next day
- Working independently in Daily Five centers to become better readers, writers, and spellers
- Tuesday, November 5th is Buck's Pizza Night
- Thursday, November 7th is Math Night at 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, November 14th is picture make-up day.
- Please send in cylinder containers to use for drums for out Thanksgiving skit on Friday, November 22nd.
- Send in a long sleeved white t-shirt or sweatshirt to use for our reindeer shirts.
- Mark your calendars for our Kindergarten Holiday Program on Thursday, December 19th at 9:00 a.m.