Pirate Parent Newsletter
September 18 2023
Parent Teacher Conference Night
Title I Stakeholder Meetings
The purpose of the meeting is to provide information to parents and stakeholders:
· Review school PFE survey results for the School-Family Compact & Policy, 1% Set-Aside Budget, and Building Capacity of School Staff and Parents
· Explore the District’s Title I Parent and Family Engagement Plan
· Understand the school’s Title I School-Family Compact & Policy for Student Achievement
· Learn about the standards, curriculum, and assessments
Ask questions regarding policies, programs, and activities
Principal Advisory Council Elections
The voting window for our 2023-2024 Principal Advisory Council is now open. Don’t wait to cast your vote! From 8:00am, September 19st until 5:00pm, Tuesday, September 26th, you will be able to vote for your preferred Principal Advisory Council representative. Candidate statements are embedded in the electronic ballot, posted on the district’s website, and available at the school.
All voting will occur online. Access your electronic ballot by clicking on the link in the email sent to the email address on file in Infinite Campus. Ballots are sent through a third party, Big Pulse, Inc. Email providers’ Spam filters are becoming more restrictive. Depending on the sensitivity of your email provider's Spam filter, the email from Big Pulse may go to your Spam folder.
Thank you for taking part in this important process. Happy voting!
Our Drive to 95- Attendance Reminders
WQe have had some improvements in the last few weeks with attendance. Last week, we averaged almost a 90% average daily attendance rate. While we are excited at this increase, we still had over 485 unexcused absences and approximately 97 students absent daily. We have to improve this for our students to be successful. Here are a few facts concerning attendance:
- Research states that if s students has two absences in August, they will become chronically absent. Students labeled chronically absent have an increased rate of dropping out. As you see, just two absences can start a trend.
- Students who miss 9 consecutive days will be withdrawn and require readmission through Student Relations.
- If your student arrives at 8:30 instead of 8:00 am daily, they miss over 100 minutes of school each week.
Please see our attendance protocols below:
- Any student arriving after 8:30 requires a parent to sign them in at the attendance office.
- Students with 6 absences will receive a social worker referral and attend a parent conference to discuss your child's attendance.
- Students with 3 tardies will receive lunch detail detention.
- Any student with over 8 absences will not be allowed to attend the prom.
It is extremely important that we get attendance right. As we drive for 95, we will need all hands on deck to turn this around. Our students deserve it. We can do this!
Annual Verification for 2023-2024
Evolv Express Detectors
E- Eyeglass cases and larger electronics.
Students will hand these items to a staff member and then enter through the system. Once, they enter the system, they will receive their items back.