Why Not To Smoke
By: Steve Schoning
Things That Go In Cigarrettes
- Acetone: Nail Polish Remover
- Acetic Acid: Vinegar
- Ammonia : Floor / Toilet Cleaner
- Arsenic : Poison
- Benzene : Makes Dyes and Plastics
- Butane : Lighter Fluid
- Cadmium : NiCad Batteries
- Carbon Monoxide : Car Exhaust Fumes
- Cyanide : Metabolic poison
- Cloroform : Anasthetic
- DDT/Dieldrin : Insecticides
- Ethanol : Alcohol
- Formaldehyde : Preserver - Body, Tissue and Fabric
- Hexamine: Barbecue Lighter
- Methane : Swamp Gas
- Methanol : Rocket Fuel
- Napthalene : Mothballs
- Nicotine : Insecticide, Stimulant, Addictive Drug
- Nitrobenzene : Gasoline Additive
- Nitrous Oxide Phenols : Disinfectant
- Stearic Acid : CandleWax
- Toluene : Industrial Solvent
- Vinyl Chloride : Makes PVC
Some Reasons To Quit For Teens
- Smokers run slower and can't run as far, like being old before you're old.
- Quitting smoking is hard, but the health consequences are even harder to deal with.
- How can you afford that new video game if you're burning cash on cigarette.
- It takes just 8 seconds for nicotine from cigarettes to reach your brain and change the way it works. Although scientists aren't totally sure why yet, one study found that teens who smoke a lot are 15 times more likely to have panic attacks than teens who don't smoke. Teen smokers also are more likely to have anxiety disorders and depression.