What Do Illustrators Do?
Journeys - Lesson 7
Miss Hutter - Grade 3
Essential Question :
Skill of the Week : Text & Graphic Features
Informational texts contain text features, such as headings, speech balloons, and photo captions, that can help readers locate information quickly.
Authors often use graphic features, such as illustrations, maps, charts, or graphs, because these visual features can make information easier to understand.
Spelling Words : 3 letter clusters
- imagine - to see a picture in your mind
- tools - things people use to help them do a job
- illustrate - to make pictures that show something
- scribbles - drawings or doodles, drawn in a quick or careless way
- sketches - quick, simple drawings
- tracing - copying the outline or shape of something
- research -to search for and study information about a topic
- textures - different ways that surfaces look and feel