Lord of the Flies
Examples from the text...
"... Jack, painted and garlanded, sat there like an idol. There were piles of meat on green leaves near him, and fruit, and coconut shells full of drink" (Chp. 9).
- in this example Jack is acting like a dictator because he has everything all to himself and he is in control of all of the other boys by having them be his servants.
Examples from the text...
"Every hand outside the choir except Piggy's was raised immediately. Then Piggy, too, raised his hand grudgingly into the air".
- Ralph was having a vote for who should be chief which shows that Ralph follows a democracy.
My form of Government
1. Leaders will be chosen by a majority vote from the group
2. Be responsible and respectful to others
3. Do your designated job without complaining or arguing
4. Always do whatever you can to help the group
5. Do not use violence against others in the group or commit any crimes
6. Listen to those who are in charge
7. Never leave the rest of the group unless you are with someone else
8. Everyone will be treated equal as long as they treat everyone else the same
9. Everyone will have a say in the decisions that are made
10. Each person will have their designated living space
I would try to enforce these rules by giving everyone 3 strikes before anything bad happens. By doing this no one will be punished for an accident that may happen, but if it continues to happen they will have to be punished. Everyone is going to make a mistake at some point, so if you give them 3 strikes they can think about what they've done and fix it for next time. I would do my best to keep everyone in line so that we could function and grow as a society.
Quote from the text...
"All you littluns, go to sleep. We've just had a fight with the others."
- In this part of the book Jack's tribe decided to attacks Ralph's tribe, which is just like what North Korea did to South Korea. They left their area to go and attack the others. Unlike the Korean War, no one was hurt or killed but it's the same idea.
Dictionary.com. Dictionary.com, n.d. Web. 29 Apr. 2015. <http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/dictatorship>.
"Citelighter Is the Fast, Fun, and Easy Way to Do Research." Dictatorship. N.p., n.d. Web. 29 Apr. 2015. <http://www.citelighter.com/political-science/comparative-politics/knowledgecards/dictatorship>.
"Korean War." History.com. A&E Television Networks, n.d. Web. 30 Apr. 2015. <http://www.history.com/topics/korean-war>.
Merriam-Webster. Merriam-Webster, n.d. Web. 29 Apr. 2015. <http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/democracy>.