January 7th 2022
Winchester Purpose & Mission
Winchester is a Leader in Me school with a common purpose to inspire students to be critical thinkers and problem-solvers who demonstrate responsibility for themselves and respect for others.
Learning together, Leading forever!
Northville C.A.R.E.S. : Chasing Childhood
As part of Northville C.A.R.E.S, we are happy to provide 2 opportunities for our families to view the movie Chasing Childhood. Chasing Childhood explores the pressures for families and children in a high achievement culture. Northville Youth Network and the PTA are sponsoring this movie in the Northville High School Auditorium on:
Thursday, January 20th 6:30-8:15
Saturday, January 29th at 10:00-11:45
There will be a short Q & A after the movie facilitated by Amy Prevo (Director-NYN), Kerri Ann Sondreal (Social Work-NYN) and Dianna Shamus (Social/Emotional Learning Counselor-NHS). Please feel free to view the Chasing Childhood trailer
If you would like to reserve a spot to view Chasing Childhood, please contact Susan Johnson firstname.lastname@example.org to communicate which showing and how many spots you are reserving.
Nuts About Science
Registration for the next session of Nuts About Science is coming up!
- Registration opens January 13th at 8 am and closes January 27th at 11pm.
- Classes are Wednesdays 3:45-5:00 February 9th, 16th, 23rd, March 2nd, 9th, 16th, and 23rd.
Space is limited and fills up quickly! For more information please see below.
PTA Northville Art House Program
8th Annual Northville STEAM Fair
Please note that the format of the fair will be decided by 1/31/22.
- February 2nd: Sports Teams
- March 2nd: Dress as a book or movie character
- April 6th: Under the Sea
- May 4th: Crazy Accessories (hat, headband, mask, socks)
- June 1st: Career Day
A Note from Mrs. Bush our School Social Worker
Mrs. Bush is looking for some photos of how our students self-regulate. We have been learning that self-regulation helps to keep us in the "Green Zone" where we are calm, happy, and ready to learn. We do things throughout our day to help us to self-regulate. For instance, I like to walk my dog every morning, I bring a jug of water to school so I can stay hydrated, eat healthy snacks during the day, and like to work out or read a book in the evening. Some students may like drawing, playing with friends, playing an instrument, sports, deep breaths, fresh air, etc. Send me a photo of your child using a self-regulation strategy with the child's name/teacher and I will highlight some of these ideas on the morning announcements, as well as create a bulletin board here at school with self-regulation ideas! Please email photos to email@example.com.
INVEST IN YOUR CHILD! MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Why should you support the Invest in Your Child Fundraiser? It is through generous donations from you that the Winchester PTA is able to provide:
* Movie Nights
* Holiday Scavenger Hunts
* Junior Enrichment Series (JES) enriching and interactive
presentations provided to students during the school day
* Teacher Stipends
* Field Day
* March is Reading Month activities and guest authors
* Math Pentathlon
* Health and Wellness (Girls on the Run/STRIDE)
* Paper Bound Student Directory (only provided to PTA members)
* Mother/Son Bowling
* Breakfast with a Buddy
WINCHESTER PTA MEMBERSHIP DRIVE
We need YOU! Have you joined the PTA? Please go to https://winchesterpta.memberhub.com/ and join today! Thank you to everyone that has already joined! We are getting closer!
Order your Winchester Elementary Yearbook in our PTA Store! Yearbooks are $17 each (includes shipping to the school and MI sales tax). If you’d like to help build our yearbook, please contact the PTA Yearbook Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit Pictures for Yearbook
The attached file provides details of how to submit pictures at https://studio.balfour.com/ezpix/ or using the Balfour ImageShare app. Images must be high-resolution .jpg or .png format.
The Yearbook Committee will review all photos and determine final yearbook content. We cannot guarantee that all submissions can be used (for example, low picture quality), but we do make every effort to utilize all images. We need and appreciate all picture submissions as these make up a large part of our yearbook each year! Please submit only high-resolution photos that are school related activities/clubs.
Brrrr!!!!! Winter is here!!!
It is important that you label all of your child's winter gear. This helps us get it back to them in the event an item gets misplaced.
Lost and Found
Carpool Etiquette - Arrival and Dismissal
- Stay in the right-hand lane when dropping off students.
- Make sure you drop all children off at one time.
- Pull your car all the way forward until the right lane stops before dropping off students.
- Parents should always stay in their cars.
- Students should always get out on the passenger side of the car.
- Please watch the adult at the crosswalk and stop when asked to do so. Do not try to go around the adult.
Thank you for helping us keep the students and staff safe during arrival and dismissal!
Picking Children up from School Early
- It is helpful if you let your child's teacher know as well as the office staff if you have time you would like to pick up your child.
- Give yourself a little extra time if you are heading to an appointment. We will only call your child out of class when you arrive.
- Remember to have your photo id on you when you come to the door. We will ask for identification.
Thank you for helping us keep all of our Winchester dragons safe!
Northville Public Schools Close Contact Quarantine Protocol
NPS has aligned our Close Contact Protocol with the guidance provided by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) shown here in the School Quarantine Guidance graphic and supported by our local Health Department. This guidance provides multiple pathways for students to remain in school. For a more detailed explanation of this graphic, please see this NPS Close Contact Quarantine Protocol Explained document.
If your child is an identified Close Contact to a positive COVID case, we will contact you and further explain your options of, where possible, keeping your child safely in school.
*Note: If your child is identified as a contact fully masked 3 to 6 feet apart, we will send an email notification regarding monitoring your child for 14 days.
COVID Safety and Mitigation Plans
As we come together in learning this year, it is important to remember to perform at-home self-monitoring using the COVID-19 Daily Student Symptom Screening Tool. This screener serves as a daily reminder that children who are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 (or ANY illness) need to stay home from school. This is an important measure that will help prevent or reduce the spread of COVID-19 in our schools. We appreciate everyone’s cooperation in using this screener each school day. In addition to the daily screener students and staff are required to wear masks while indoors.
Northville Public Schools is hiring the following part-time positions:
- Food Service Assistant: Please visit www.northvilleschools.org click on the "Employment Tab" and select "Current Job Openings" for more information.
- Lunch/Recess Monitor: Please contact the school principal for more information.
- Substitute Teachers, Paraprofessionals, Para Educators: Substitute employment opportunities can be found through educational placement services at EDUStaff. Northville Public Schools uses this service for placement of teachers, K-12 Paraprofessionals, Para Educators and Office Support. If you are interested in becoming a Substitute, please visit www.edustaff.org/ or call (877)974-6338 for more information.
Our office is open from 8:00 to 4:30.
Contact us at (248) 465-2400
Follow us on Twitter: @ WinchesterElem